I get ITV/C4/C5 with a unregistered new FTA card

morgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi all,

Can anyone explain this. I had a unregistered new dark blue FTA card, I put it into a spare receiver at home and it came up with "initialising new card" for a few seconds and then the message dissapeared. ITV/C4/C5 never came on but the next day I checked and all 3 of them work fine. If I try any of the sports or movie channels I get the message: this is the wrong card for this set top box, ITV/C4/C5 still work though!!

Any Ideas?

Cheers
Morgan
ps I was also getting lots of free channels for 3 days, basically all the channels except sport and movies. These have now gone though!

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
@ Morgan,

Its been said on these boards that the new cards don't have to be married to the box in order to view the FTV channels.

As for the 'wrong card' message - well, you said that you put it into the spare box; which, by logical assumption, is not the box it was destined to live in :rolleyes:

Least you won't have to put up with those bloomin' SKY OSM's which are haunting me every ten minutes now 'O'-red

Have Fun,

Mark.