I Got Ripped Off - Big Time !

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
OK my story goes like this.

Early Sunday Morning(7.25am), I woke up with a hangover from previous night. I had a wash And drove to a cash point to withdraw £300 so I buy a technomate receiver + diseqc motor from Hackney Market (London)..........

when I got to the market ,
Some guys approached me in a car & said that they were selling a New Samsung P4 laptop with all accessories & original receipt for £350.

Not wanting to resist a bagain I told then, I can only pay £250 ..... after a bit of banter, we agreed a price of £250. I then saw them carefully putting the laptop & extras into a laptop bag. We exchanged.

We said our bye bye's, with me thinking I am on to a good thing and thinking that I could flog it for far more than i paid.

Pleased with myself I opened the bag in the car and all that was in there was carefully paper packed bottles of Evian water !. The mothe~##@@@rs swicthed the bag when I was counting my money!

If only I could weep.

This can easily happen to anyone, so if you are like me (allways looking 4 a bargain) be Very carefull when such offers come along
cos you can get ripped off.

By the way just incase you have any clues as to who they can be or where you have seen such scam operate, pls send me a pm.

css_jay99

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately, this is an all too common scam, the police are well aware of it, but most victims don't report it, either through embarrassment or because they think the police will accuse them of trying to buy stolen goods.

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
CSS COULD U NOT CLAME ON THE INSURANCE.

JUST A THOT.

SORRY MIKEEY

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
DONT DRINK THE WATER

It might be 'personal' Evian

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
I left the bag & water in the boot of my car.

Next time I see them, I will be sticking these items where the sun dont shine !

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
css_jay99, Thats EXACTLY what happened to me.

two (Irish I think) blokes in a red car outside the SavaCentre in Beckton, east london, offered to sell me a Sony laptop, after long negotiation I agreed to pay them £130 and saw them putting the a laptop into a bag in front of my eyes.

I must have lowered my eyes for a split second, to count my money, and I gave them the money and they gave me the bag.

Of course getting home and checking, thinking I was on to a winner, opened the bag. What I found was some cardboard wrapped around water bottles. The weight was perfect to fool anyone.

What can I say I was gutted but could not go to the police 'cos they would ask me why I had dealt with these guys.

Well at least it tought me a lesson.

BTW, I go to hackney market sometimes and have picked up the occassional diseqc motor or receiver from there.

css_jay99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bromley london
sorry to hear about your loss 2 M8,

being a Genie, I wish you can grant me some wishes so I can get at these guys :D

css_jay99

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
I don't need magic for what I'll be doing to these guys if I ever see them again.

)(-red )(-red )(-red

they'll be wishing they'd never met me.