I got TT s2 3200. Where do i insert my legal sky HD card??

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Astra 19.2 , Astra 28.2, Hotbird 13
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
Hi All,
I have a powerfull pc and can watch free HDTV channels on astra19, 28.2, and hotbird.
However i got the technotrend s2-3200 card with CI slot.
My understanding is that i need a duolabs CAS3 programmer and a Diablo or T-Rex CAM where i can upload emulation nds software.

I got a legal sky italy and uk card to watch HD channels.

I found where to buy cas3 and diablo cam but dont know how to upload software and also where to get it from.

Do there is anybody here that can explain us what to do and more excatley if they are enjoing hd channels using a pc/ What other problems are attached to this that i am not aware of?

please skype me * mark1832 or msn me removedhotmail.com or email your number and i will call you back everywhere in the world.

Many thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum mark1932

This is a self help forum and rather than re-invent the wheel everytime someone new joins we try to point them in the right direction. Using the drop down window at the bottom right of the page you can jump to other location but by clicking here it will take you to the cams and card section for Dragon T/rex where all this info is stored

BTW do not post your Email address on the forum unless you like spamming by web crawler bots

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/x-cam-ultra-cam-dragon-cam-diablo-t-rex/85218-need-s-y-cam-help.html

thank you for your quick reply.... i found just above thread that clarify some points but if i get an additional SKY ITALIA card from a friend in italy how can i pair up if i live in uk?

I have also a friend that has a SKY UK subscription but he paid 25 gbp to not to connect it to the tel.line.

also here http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...ie-have-t-rex-4-6-help.html?highlight=Duwgati they talk about the duwgati tutorial but could not find the tutorial himself.

Finally in my mind i have only HD channels so i am not interested in normal SD channells.

WIll the dragon cam work for HDTV channels on 28.2 astra?..does anybody see them trought a PC?

thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dunno about anyone else but Ive not seen any reports of Sky HD on anything apart from a sky digHDbox

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Surely it must work to put your Sky HD card in a phoenix reader and run it from the PC?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know there has not been a working PC Card videoguard emulator for more than a couple of years.

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
rolfw said:
As far as I know there has not been a working PC Card videoguard emulator for more than a couple of years.

mark1832 wrote:
Thanks again yesfan.
If i get a multiroomcard from a friend that live 5 kms from me how many times do i need to travel back to his receiver to update? or how many times approx sly update cards in a month?

I already share with a dream box but the bloke that share with me say that cannot share HDTV channels as i need to invest 1000 to send all 12 hdtv channels. he can share but 1 hdtv channels at time which means i cannot change the hdtv channels. I think it is not true.

However if he share the single HDTV channels what software do i need on my PC to receive the shared signal.

I know that with my dreambox i need to flash the image, install gbox, and set the ip addresses..

What about my PC?

I think i need a software like dvbdream,altdvb,progdvb, but then what emulator for sharing?

Please if you can explain or point me to the relevant section on the forum.

Many thanks

It depends on the protocol used for sharing: if NewCamd, WinCSC is enough, if it's Gbox, you need the Gbox plugin for Pc.

AS you can see on another forum they say that is possible to insert a legal sly card into a phoenix card programnmer like duolabs dynamite and with the right software watch it on a pc.... however nobody can say anything about HDTV channels... what are they sayng that they can watch SD channels but nobody has HDTV.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you get a multiroom card from a friend he will get 2 warning letters then be charged for 2 full subscriptions!

:D

BOTH cards need to be be connected to the SAME phone line all the time - card checks are random at night - and multiroom is actively policed specifically to stop what you are suggesting.

Card authorisation updates (stay alive signal) are once a month or so - Ive never had any problems when Ive been away for 2 weeks and all the power sockets are switched off.

If you read Rolfs post carefully you will see you CANT watch any videoguard channel direct on you pc as there no videoguard emulator as far as he knows.

I reckon this would work though - a pc card capable of taking a dragon cam (something like a skystar 1) although this would only work for SD channels.

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
Analoguesat said:
If you read Rolfs post carefully you will see you CANT watch any videoguard channel direct on you pc as there no videoguard emulator as far as he knows.
Thanks for your reply

It depends on the protocol used for sharing: if NewCamd, WinCSC is enough, if it's Gbox, you need the Gbox plugin for Pc.

So above statement it is not true? They say that with a dynamite duolabs phoenix serial programmer you can stick a legal sly card in and watch channells using newcamd and wincsc software which i believe are software emulators. Obviously you need also progdvb,altdvb,dvbdream and so on!..... Anybody there with this software and programer is watching sly with a legal card throught a pc?

About the multiroom card remember that sky allow you for an extra cost to NOT to connect to a telephone line and thats it is my strategy. And obviously i will have to pay my friend £10 x multiroom and £10 for hdtv channels.

I have a slot to insert a cam on my DVB-S2 card but it is much more exepnsive. I already got the dynamite programmer so why spend £100-150 for a cam?

Thanks to everybody this is a great forum!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
About the multiroom card remember that sky allow you for an extra cost to NOT to connect to a telephone line and thats it is my strategy. And obviously i will have to pay my friend £10 x multiroom and £10 for hdtv channels.

Not correct, every multiroom card needs to be in a receiver connected to the same phone line as the main card/receiver, the phone waiver fee does not apply to multiroom.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Rolf is correct - the 25 quid waiver ONLY applies to single box installations.

Sky have all the bases covered :D

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
I rung sky on my friends name and they confirmed that they do not require a telephone line connected for a second card. this is monday 12/3/2007 at 08.39....

However the point here is not on the multi room card ( i can always buy another new sly subscrition) but on the dynamite phoenix programmer working with wincsc and newcamd.

Does anybody out there, a PC, skystar 2 or technotrend s2-3200 cards, dynamite phoeneix programmer, wincsc + newcamd software, working with high definition channels using a legal sly card into the dynamite programmer?

Many thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Right, this needs clarifying as it is imptortant, if you just want a second card (full subscription), then you don't need a phone line connected, if it is multiroom (discounted), then you do.

There is another factor here, the HD card needs to be activated in a Sky digibox, it may even be necessary for it to be a Sky HD box which of course must not be one that is already linked to an existing subscription card. So you would need your own digibox as well.

Have moved the thread to the PC Card section, as if anyone has successfully used an HD subscription with their PC based satellite receiver, then this is where they are likely to look.

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
Thanks Rolf,
Hope somebody wil notice this post and will let us now if it is possible or not.
I would be interested also in buying a cam as i have the slot but i heard you need to update the file often.

Many thanks again.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
To clarify the situation the Sky HD card works in a Dragon CAM or with Gbox for an example? but you need to activate it first in a official Sky HD box before using it in your dreambox right?

mark1832

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coreduo e6300
ocz 800mhz
ati x1900gt
technotrend s2 3200
DVB Viewer 3.6
2 dishes 3 satellites
Technotrend 1500-CI
My Location
United Kingdom + Italy
Likvid said:
To clarify the situation the Sky HD card works in a Dragon CAM or with Gbox for an example? but you need to activate it first in a official Sky HD box before using it in your dreambox right?

Hi Likvid,

Are you saying that you have a hdtv card working on your pc, or are you asking questions because, like me, you dont know the answers and wish to know?

I remember when i rung sky that i made sure they understood that i had no phone line, and i wanted to use another receiver that was not their HD receiver.

However the lady sky receptionist was as usual not prepared ( she had to ask around ) she would not let me talk with the team leader or manager, and she would not give me her name as well as tel.number, id or any other form of identification.

In my esperience with these call centres spread around the world i just put the phone down and try again in the hope i will speak with somebody else more prepared on the matter.

I have broadband with sky which work perfectly but now the router is faulty and they dont know how to connect a new router to their SP. Incredible!!!!. So i will have to wait 5 days to receive a new one!

While in uk there are plenty of isp and i will switch my broadband service, in HDTV channels there is no competition therefore i will have to work it out something with Sky-UK.

But i dont want to buy their receveir as i need to use my powerfull pc.

Thanks