I guess I'm not a good flasher.

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Well I searched,and found the details on how to upgrade the 4.6Se to all cam. Downloaded FreeCam 2.0.17...bypassing 15 and 16, was that a mistake? loaded everything into appropriate files. Shutdown. Placed Cam in PCMIA slot. Turned on machine and executed ird106.exe.
First the blue panel then the inevitable red and NOK, I tried a few times but no joy. Laptop is Packard Bell Easy Note.
On checking Control panel, PC card I see a yellow question mark and SCM-DVB Module-Socket 1.If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate their help. Or should I let the Cam remain as it is?. I am not greedy for TV, it is the acheivment of something that gives the pleasure.
Allan

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,
If you could get a Toshiba Tecra, I am sure you would be able to flashed the cam, I was having simillar problem with Gateway and several others laptops, however with the tecra it was spot on first time.

Regards

Prince

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yes, this is very dependent on the laptop. But there are some tricks worth trying. The fact that your module is marked as an unrecognised/unusable device can also be down to the drivers.
If you have original windows installation disks/CD and can thereby recover the drivers should you screw tings up, then try the following:
- delete all the drivers relating to that device. Then reboot your PC so it reinstalls drivers for the PCMCIA slot itself. Then go to the file with extension ".inf" that came packaged with your ird106, and right-click the one corresponding to your Windows version (95 or 98). Select the "install" option from the pop-up menu that appeared when you right-clicked.
Then put the CAM in the slot and try again.

If all of this doesn't work, there's one more thing you can try - and that is to change the device type of the PCMCIA slot in the BIOS. That means accessing the setup menu on the pc (usually by hitting some special key such as F2 - or combination of keys - while booting up - check your manual). Options will typically be things like: PCIC Compatible, CardBus/16Bit, or even auto-detect.
By telling the BIOS that your PCMCIA slot is a different type you will force Windows to load different device drivers for it when it starts up. But a word of caution - you should note the type it is to start with so you can set it back should things go completely wrong. After all, the chipset on the board may simply not be capable of emulating the particular PCMCIA type that you have told the BIOS it is.

By the way - if you have something other than Windows95 or 98 then don't expect it to work at all...

2old

Brixtonian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
To get the card identified in windows you have to select re-install drivers from within control panel, (remember the card needs to be inserted before you can do this). Once you get the driver question, point windows to the ird106 directory and you should find the CAM is recognised as an Irdeto DVB card... :)

Brix