I keep getting no signal for all the satellites and i'm going mad!!!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What is it aligned to then?
Look on Lyngsat to see which sat the channels correspond to.

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Satellite Receiver
My Location
London
ok ill just go and scan the channels

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
this is getting hillarious. First of all, DISEQC was set to NONE when I was getting a signal, when I turn it to DISEQC 1.2 Motor, the signal disappears.

Anyway, I scanned for the channels with Diseqc set to none and I'm getting ARTE, LCP, Hot Chili, GCPE 1, Diva Futura Plus, France 2, 3, 4, 5 and some other and it seems that these are on Atlantic Bird 3 5.0W according to lyngsat, which is the satellite I scanned!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I, think the thing you need to do is phone the installer, explain your problem and ask him which satellite he aligned as due South.

If he has centered the arc on 5 West, then your satellite reception will be terrible.

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
i tried ringing him but his mobile is switched off. I'll try ringing later. If he did set it at 5.0W, could this be an explanation why I wasn't able to receive a signal for other satellites when I did a manual search?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be, if you send the dish to 1W under USALS settings, does it appear to return to the zero position when looking at the dish?

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
ok i moved it to Intelsat 1.0W from Atlantic Bird 5.0W using USALS and the dish moved a very small amount...

when it scanned for channels, it found nothing though.

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
ok let me just add something important that i forgot to say, when i moved it from 5.0W to 1.0W it seemed like it moved east and then moved back west to its original position. At first i thought it was my eyes, but when i returned to the channels, the satellite is on 5.0W and im getting Atlantic Bird 5.0W without it moving the motor when i returned to the channels.

So i think it might not have been my eyes, it could well have moved east to 1.0W and then moved back to Atlantic Bird on 5.0W when i scanned for 1.0W, which is why its not getting a signal for 1.0W. Its as though it was avoiding 1.0W and didn't want to go there so it turned back to 5.0W. Do you see what i mean?

it could well be that the chimney was blocking 1.0W and perhaps this is the reason why 0 reference has not been set at 1.0W by the installer. I will confirm this when i ring him again today. But it seems to me now that 5.0W has been set at 0 reference.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
mgyi99 said:
But it seems to me now that 5.0W has been set at 0 reference.

Well, if that's the case, it going to be pants.

Aligning on 5W fine, if thats your nearest without a blockage, as you haven't got a choice.

But the motor should be sent there first. And for London the scale on the motor would be roughly at 5 also.