I need your help guys

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
Hey guys i need to get fta channels from foreign countries.I am in INDIA.For that Wat are all the accessories i have to buy?Wat all satellites can i receive?Tell me those satellites.Pls guys u all should tell me the info.Those who use dish to watch fta channels from foreign countries.WILL BEETEL SET TOP BOX WORK FOR THIS PURPOSE?I don't know anything abt this.How to add the satellites to the stb.Also any Usa channels can be watched? I NEED TO WATCH WWE SHOWS LIVE

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can forget any ideas of watching tv channels direct from America - the satellites carrying them are well below your western horizon. They arent even visible from Europe.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
A.Pradeep said:
Ok wat are the satellites can i receive.Please tell me that.
Well really that is a question which someone in India should be answering but generally you can if you have clear line of sight East and West when facing due south see the Clarke curve for approx 50 degrees East of your Longitude and 50 Degrees West of your longitude. You could then look here and determine which satellites are within your capabilities.

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
Hey in the set top box there is an option called LNB HI FREQUENCY AND LNB LOW FREQUENCY.wat numbers i have to select if i need to receive the channelsfrom pakistan or srilanka or near by foreigncountries.Please help

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
10600/9750 Mhz. (Or set the lnb type to universal and leave it there)

This assumes you are using Ku-band and not C-band. If you are using C-band then use the frequency printed on the lnb.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tamil nadu appears to be at approximately 80E, so theoretically any satelltes between around 30E and 130E will be visible to you.

http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

HOWEVER the satellites need to be transmitting somewhere near southern India to stand any chance of getting them without silly sized dishes.

You can work your way theough the charts to see what might be possible. - Links on the right hand side of the satellite freq charts link to footprint maps.

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
I bought Beetel SD 97 Today.I have Dishtv dish and the lnb which they have given while i got dishtv connection.Please tell me how to get asia channels.In that stb it is asking for Lnb frequency and many details.I can't understand.Pls help.See these pics.If i need to get asia channels,then wat changes should i do in that frequencies.

Images removed

Please don't link to images over HTTP links. Download images to your PC and upload them here via 'Manage Attachments'.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Post 5 has your probable lnb frequencies in it.

To get asian channels off other satellites you need to move your dish. I STRONGLY recommend you dont do that unless you know what you are doing - you could easily lose your Dish India viewing by moving the dish around if you cant put it back exactly where is needs to be.

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
I have beetel sd 97 stb and i am using dishtv right now.So i will remove the zenega stb and fix the beetel.So u need to tell me wat satellites can i receive with dishtv dish.If i move the dish then can i receive foreign channels.Wat are those frequencies.In which direction should i move.Pls help guys

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Read my warning on post 9 BEFORE you try moving your DishIndia installation dish!

You would be far better off buying a second dish to play with.

I have already given you the links further up the thread how to work out what satellites may be available in your location - you want the information you find it my friend - this is a self help forum - we provide you with the links and informaton you need and you find the actual info.

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
Pls give me the frequencies which i can use with dishtv dish.I can bring it to the same position if i turn to other side.Also in that link there was all asia countries.Can i get all those asia channels with dishtv dish?Pls tell me whether i have to change the lnb frequency or it should be the same and only i have to change the frequency alone not the lnb?Also i can get only free channels?I HAVE to set the frequency of the channel or i have to set the frequency of the satellite?Also we have to turn to that degree? for example 118.0°E Telkom 2 .If i need to receive this satellite i have to turn to that 118.0°E ?If so then which frequency should i use?Sry for asking many questions

andarun

My Satellite Setup
6 Feet solid dish (Link), dual LNBF, Beetel Receiver, receiving Asiasat2, 3S, NSS6 and DD Direct
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
Hi Pradeep,
I have answered your questions in the other forum...i think you are new to dish configuration, i suggest you to call some dish installation people in your place (Madurai) and do it. once you see what he does..next time it is easy for you to tune your dish properly. as it was very difficult for the first time !!!

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
Ok if i install 6 feet dish wat channels can i get surely.Wat satellites can i get?If i ask in the shop they are not telling that.Please tell me if i use 6 feet dish and beetel stb then wat satellites and channels can i get?Any good channels will come?I am in TamilNadu.Andarun tell me dude,and also other guys pls reply

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A.Pradeep said:
Pls give me the frequencies which i can use with dishtv dish.I can bring it to the same position if i turn to other side.Also in that link there was all asia countries.Can i get all those asia channels with dishtv dish?Pls tell me whether i have to change the lnb frequency or it should be the same and only i have to change the frequency alone not the lnb?Also i can get only free channels?I HAVE to set the frequency of the channel or i have to set the frequency of the satellite?Also we have to turn to that degree? for example 118.0°E Telkom 2 .If i need to receive this satellite i have to turn to that 118.0°E ?If so then which frequency should i use?Sry for asking many questions

You can receive any channels operating on satellites that put sufficient downlink power into Tamil Nadu for the size dish you are using. So no you arent going to get all Asian services as many of the satellites use spot beams to limit the reception coverage.

Set the lnb frequencies to those I gave you up at the top of the thread then LEAVE THEM ALONE. Once a dish is aligned on a new satellite you change the receiver to the broadcast frequencies of that satellite.

Telcome 2 at 118E is C-band only so unless your sat kit is C-band compatible you wont see anything.

For example look at the listing for ST1 at 88E

http://www.lyngsat.com/st1.html

Click on the K1 beam link on the rightside of the page and you find the footprint map. This shows that this satellite is beaming at the Phillipines and is therefore out of reach to you in India.

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Click on one of the numbers which will give you the satellites at that orbital slot. So 93.5E gives you one of the Indian slots with two Indian birds which should be an easy catch.

ST1 at 88E has 2 Ku band beams, one aimed at India (K2) and one at Asia (K1)

My Satellite Setup
SunDirect
My Location
TamilNadu
Hey in free channel list in lyngsat.com site they have mentioned ftv.How come it is a free channel?Also for example check this AsiaSat 3S at 105.5°E.So if i need to get the channels from asiasat 3s then i have to face my dish to 105.5°E?Then means each time i have to change the direction to get different satellites?

gunakarrout

My Satellite Setup
OPNEBOX
My Location
India
yes pradeep,you have to change your direction according to you satellites.
But If you have more than 8 feet dish then it is available more than 5 satellites putting extra LNB of same dish

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A.Pradeep said:
Hey in free channel list in lyngsat.com site they have mentioned ftv.How come it is a free channel?Also for example check this AsiaSat 3S at 105.5°E.So if i need to get the channels from asiasat 3s then i have to face my dish to 105.5°E?Then means each time i have to change the direction to get different satellites?
FTV - Fashion TV?? Its clear on most of the sats its carried on.

Yes you need to move your dish around, or motorise, or get a multi lnb system set up