I still can't find my ITV3

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#1
Hi guys I haven't been on here for a while as I haven't had any problems with my equipment (ooer missus). Anyway what I wanted to ask is, I used to have ITV3 loud and clear but it disappeared, never to be seen again. I have got the correct settings, my signal quality is at 100%. I don't know what the problem is. As you know I live in Northern Ireland. Now my ITV news disappeared and reappeared for ages, but I rescanned and found a new frequency and it is working fine. I know you will probably say ITV3 is rubbish, but I hate not having it, LOL. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? All my other channels are great and my motor is brilliant, no probs there.

:-cry1
 

Lancelot

Specialist Contributor
Messages
3,638
Likes
8
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
#2
All fine here on

10906V 22000 :)

is that where you're looking ?
L.
 

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Messages
21,611
Likes
3,277
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
#3

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#4
Yes Lancelot that's what my settings are, my sister who lives 3 doors down can receive it on those settings, infact I set her system up for her, I just don't understand it.
 

dmm

Regular Member
Messages
68
Likes
0
#5
T-E-E-N-A said:
Yes Lancelot that's what my settings are, my sister who lives 3 doors down can receive it on those settings, infact I set her system up for her, I just don't understand it.

HI

yes i've been getting mixed reception on different transponders ( ie some completely down no signals) in the last few days on 28.2 e

looks like reorganising is taking place
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,537
Likes
8,263
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#6
Thers a big transponder shuffle about to happen - probably in preparation for more sub regions joining Sky.


We are about to be inundated with "Wheres my ITV region in Add Channles gone " threads
 

T-E-E-N-A

Regular Member
Messages
144
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
#7
LOL Ok thanks for letting me know, I shall look forward to losing my channels. I've got a freeview box now, so I can get ITV3 and ITV2 on that in the meantime. Another thing, E4 is now free on freeview, does anyone know why it isn't free on satellite? Totally unfair if you ask me.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,537
Likes
8,263
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#8
T-E-E-N-A said:
LOL Ok thanks for letting me know, I shall look forward to losing my channels. I've got a freeview box now, so I can get ITV3 and ITV2 on that in the meantime. Another thing, E4 is now free on freeview, does anyone know why it isn't free on satellite? Totally unfair if you ask me.
Because E4 has encryption contracts in place with Sky that would be expensive for E4 to break.
 

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Messages
4,305
Likes
5
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
#9
ITV have been in talks with SKY since December last year to re-negotiate their contract on transponder leasing after the BBC move FTA and onto ASTRA 2D (smaller UK footprint)

Because it has taken this long I suspect they will stay with SKY but the contract will be worth a lot less than before.

If the move FTA it give users a lot less reason to buy a SKY receiver.

If the do move FTA the chances are they will move to a satellite with a UK focused signal and that will certainly harm a lot of brits abroad.
 

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
45,537
Likes
8,263
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#10
gameboy said:
ITV have been in talks with SKY since December last year to re-negotiate their contract on transponder leasing after the BBC move FTA and onto ASTRA 2D (smaller UK footprint)

Because it has taken this long I suspect they will stay with SKY but the contract will be worth a lot less than before.

If the move FTA it give users a lot less reason to buy a SKY receiver.

If the do move FTA the chances are they will move to a satellite with a UK focused signal and that will certainly harm a lot of brits abroad.
ITV are already on the "UK" bird Astra 2D, so theoretically drop the encryption anytime they wanted to.The biggest stumbling block for this is the regional mapping for the regions - the smaller regions wouldnt like everyone to get London on 103 and them stuck up in the 900's (not that it would make much difference to the programmes these days, although the advertisers wouldnt like it.)
 
Top