I`ve Sky Star2 Card

mkkid

Regular Member
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Location
Milton Keynes
#1
CAN I USE THIS WITH IT

Un wanted motorised 80cm Super Jack two satellite dish with LNB, complete with Pace Mss 500 Receiver Decoder with Positioner plus Pace D55, D2 Mac Decoder (no card).
If i put a new lnb can i use it with the sky star card.

bas
 
Messages
7
Likes
0
#2
Yes you can by putting digital lnb on it.
dependent on which part of the country you live in you can actually your setup should be good enough.

If you live in south they reccommend 80 cm dish if you live in the north they recommend 1m dish.

Another tip use progdvb, skyview or my theatre as they already diseq plugin for skystar 2.

let me know if you need more help as I currently have had my skystar 2 for 2 years
 

mkkid

Regular Member
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Location
Milton Keynes
#3
phillipgolding said:
Yes you can by putting digital lnb on it.
dependent on which part of the country you live in you can actually your setup should be good enough.

If you live in south they reccommend 80 cm dish if you live in the north they recommend 1m dish.

Another tip use progdvb, skyview or my theatre as they already diseq plugin for skystar 2.

let me know if you need more help as I currently have had my skystar 2 for 2 years
Thanks m8,i will be asking quesrtions once i put it up.

BAS
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#4
mkkid said:
CAN I USE THIS WITH IT

Un wanted motorised 80cm Super Jack two satellite dish with LNB, complete with Pace Mss 500 Receiver Decoder with Positioner plus Pace D55, D2 Mac Decoder (no card).
If i put a new lnb can i use it with the sky star card.

bas
Is the motor diseqc 1.2, or 36V? Only the former will work directly with the SS2.
For the latter, you would also need to add something like a VBOX.

STICK
 

bobnuts1

Regular Member
Messages
32
Likes
0
#5
BGonaSTICK said:
Is the motor diseqc 1.2, or 36V? Only the former will work directly with the SS2.
For the latter, you would also need to add something like a VBOX.

STICK
I am struggling try to get my recently purchased SS2 and Stab HH90 (Diseqc 1.2 and USALS) to work together.

The motor just does not seem to respond to any comands that I am sending from the Mytheatre plugin. That said I do not understand what all the references to "simple" and "Pos A" mean.

Please could somebody confirm that the SS2 card supports the Stab HH90 motor. If so, what do I need to click on to get it to move ?

I have also searched for a simple diagnostic program that would exercise the motor in some way but have not found anything.

Ideally I would like to use the motor in USALS mode via the SS2 card but I would settle for a reaction to DiseqC 1.2 at this stage.

TIA

Richard.

P.S. I am V. new to all this stuff but V. pleased with what I have seen so far.
 

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Messages
37,671
Likes
1,279
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
#6
Have your set up the DiseqC plugin options to include your coordinates? The DiseqC setting in ProgDVB should be none.
 

bobnuts1

Regular Member
Messages
32
Likes
0
#7
rolfw said:
Have your set up the DiseqC plugin options to include your coordinates? The DiseqC setting in ProgDVB should be none.
Thanks for the fast response Rolfw,

I am a bit confused by your question. This is what I have just done.

ProgDVB | Settings | DiSEqC have now set that to "none"

Installed and opened the kvaDiseqc plugin could not see anywhere to enter my coordinates tried clicking onto various button such as Go West etc but get no reaction from motor. :confused

btw I am receiving video/audio with the motor in circuit so I know that all the connections up to the Dish are valid.

Do I need a specific version of the ss2 device driver ?

Rgds

Richard
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#8
Don't know what plugin you're using, but everyone I know uses this one, which works fine and has somewhere to punch in your long/lat!

Search out the item called 'DISEqC plugin SS2 V1.7' here :- http://www.skystar.rs.ba/programi.html

Read the readme. You need to replace your driver manually in windows/system32.

STICK
 

bobnuts1

Regular Member
Messages
32
Likes
0
#9
BGonaSTICK said:
Don't know what plugin you're using, but everyone I know uses this one, which works fine and has somewhere to punch in your long/lat!

Search out the item called 'DISEqC plugin SS2 V1.7' here :- http://www.skystar.rs.ba/programi.html

Read the readme. You need to replace your driver manually in windows/system32.

STICK
Fantastic. this is the kind of info I was looking for, will d/l and report back ASAP.


:) 14:35 Update: All sorted, motor now reacting to commands from the plugin, thanks again for the support. I was becoming convinced that the motor had failed.

Richard
 
Top