I wanna Dreambox and I want one now

stephenr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coming soon!
My Location
UK, south
(well soon as I can)
I have been reading on Grey Dreamboxes, this has concerned me. I am based in South UK.

I am just about to purchase a Dreambox and get back into the fantastic world of Satellite. I have been away for a while but have saved pennies and am ready for the dive. Long live the days of the SAVE encription and D2MAC of THOR and not forgetting that lonely sole FILMMAX miles away on the west horizon.

My question is, what dreambox would you recommend?, is the DM 500S a all round good starter platform? Is there anything against it?

Please also a good reliable source for a new box? (send me a private message if advertising is not allowed on here)

Thanks in advance

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could try some of our advertisers, at leats three of them stock Dreamboxes. :) I know that sateuropa are taking orders for the DM600 at the moment.

I have a DM7000 and like it a lot, particularly the onboard hard drive, but they all work well and different people will have different opinions.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes, look for the new 600 for a starter
7000 gives more but takes more as well:)

U could have a look at the new 8000 as well, loaded both in price and gadgets

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600 &
Humax 5400Z (sat)
Dell pentium 3 (comp)
My Location
Malta
I am in pretty much the same situation.
I have a Humax 5400Z IRCI. Good box and am pretty satisfied but the constant changing of codes got on my nerves and am seriously thinking of upgrading to a Dreambox.

But: as time goes by more channels are being braodcast HD/MPEG 4. Dreamboxes 500, 7020 and the new 600 are, from what I understand all good but will not be able to receive HD tranmissions.

So I thought I wait for the DM 8000. But this box has yet to be released on the market. Sometime next May (I heard in a German satellite equipment fair).
Information about the 8000 is scanty at the moment. Any one can refer me to information sources about the 8000?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
An HD box is only of any advantage if you have an HD TV. Try google for info on DM8000 (dreambox official site isn't even on the 1st page!).

stephenr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coming soon!
My Location
UK, south
Hi all,
Thank you for the replies on Dreamboxes.
Just a quick question, has anyone seen the seller on Flebay selling 500S at £99?