eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
I want to send a mail to a member as my questions are so basic I would rather get one person to answer them. I've searched around all over the place but this general information does not turn up how do I use the CI/CAM slots on the digital receiver. I have a card but it does not fit in the slot so I think I must need to get a PMCIA holder to fit the card into?????

prof

Reaction score
My Location
In the spare room.
eghamhigh,
You need to get the appropriate cam for your card. The cam goes in the ci slot, and your card goes in the cam.
What card have you got, official, fun, titanium, etc..?

eghamhigh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar 808 2CI
Matrix Reloaded Cam
Fixed dish 13E
My Location
Surrey/Berks Border
prof said:
eghamhigh,
You need to get the appropriate cam for your card. The cam goes in the ci slot, and your card goes in the cam.
What card have you got, official, fun, titanium, etc..?
thx Prof
I have a hotbird card (it's gold in colour) a bit dodgy I think! But I don't know what card(s)/CAM to buy. Does the card need a specific CAM? Is this where all this encryption stuff comes in? My receiver is an echostar 808CI. My interests are watching films in English, Spanish and French. Any advice on where to look and what to buy would be appreciated as the FTA channels on Hotbird are rubbish. The channels on my analogue receiver are more interesting.

All help appreciated.

loftyj

Reaction score
Hi eghamhigh,
The Prof is on line so may answer you himself but just in case he has missed this post here goes.
If you look at the gold chip on your card it should say Gold, Fun4 ,or somthing like that we need to no which card you have. If I remember the Echostar 808CI has a single CI slotbut no built in encription. You will therefor need to bye a Cam, Dragon is the one I use, plus a programmer like Daynamite to load it, once loaded the card is put in the cam, cam into reciver and using conditional access downloaded to reciver. you will then be able to open channels yhat it covers on a number of satellits. If you require more information feel free to ask.