I was fuming after reading this, what about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Wonder what the politicians and wooly minded do-gooders would make of our little poll? Because the results are making interesting reading :D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Perhaps we should have a poll to see what people here would like to do with the Politicians and wooly minded do-gooders. :p
Or have I had too many pints of 'Wife Beater' this lunchtime. :D

L.

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
Can I climb on you roof, Rolfw, try and nick your sat dish, & you pay me 10 grand if I graze my knees ??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rkhsaw said:
Can I climb on you roof, Rolfw, try and nick your sat dish, & you pay me 10 grand if I graze my knees ??

To get the maximum compensation you would need to fall through the roof, which would probably put you in R's bedroom. We dont need to know anything further I dont think!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
To get the maximum compensation you would need to fall through the roof, which would probably put you in R's bedroom. We dont need to know anything further I dont think!!
Was tempted to respond but decided not to go there....... that used to be called common sense

mick32

Reaction score
My Location
Newcastle
woohoo great payout and guess what we voted for another four years of politicly correct lying tree huggers screwin the country up more,,,think i may move to alaska..haha.....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
mick32 said:
woohoo great payout and guess what we voted for another four years of politicly correct lying tree huggers screwin the country up more,,,think i may move to alaska..haha.....

Seems the Newcastle voters had the ability to make a change
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3796075.stm

Your council tax will be somewhat cheaper for a couple of months.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I'm with STICK on this one. The article doesn't give enough information to make your own judgement but if the boy won, it must be because the factory owners were grossly negligent. Trespassing isn't in general a criminal offence and owners have a general duty of care to people on their property, even uninvited visitors. If your kid were to climb into a neighbour's garden to retrieve a ball and got savaged by the neighbour's pet rotweiller, you would probably agree that the child should be protected by the law (Daily Mail readers apart, that is).

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
rolfw said:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-2-1524886,00.html

It's you and me who are paying for this (if you live in the UK), but I guess that similar cases are appearing all over Europe. The frightening thing is that there doesn't appear to be anything we can do about it.

Even if you are not in the UK, or even Europe, please vote.

I think you and I agree on at least one thing. A gradual deterioration / decline in civility and standards in the UK
aggressive.gif

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
The law can be "adjusted", but it's all we've got, abandoning it means chaos ....

Interestingly, politicians freqently vote on reinstating the death penalty, and always reject it, though "popular opinion" wants it ....

Unfortunately, such a penalty is rather final. Has anyone heard of "miscarriages of justice"?

I'm all for democratic changes after due and deliberate consideration, but against direct rule by Rupert Murdoch!

Having said that, petty and serious violence and similar seem to be getting more common, creating a backlash, are we slowly becoming a "vigilante culture", if so then what's causing it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
easysat said:
-snip-
If your kid were to climb into a neighbour's garden to retrieve a ball and got savaged by the neighbour's pet rotweiller, you would probably agree that the child should be protected by the law (Daily Mail readers apart, that is).

If however the next door neighbour's kid climbed into your garden and fell through your greenhouse roof, would you say the same?

@ spiney, I also agree with your thoughts on the death penalty, although there are possible irrefutable cases of guilt on horrendous crimes, there have been too many miscarriages of justice in the past for me to feel comfortable with it.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Fair enough, I'd expect some sort of reparation, and certainly not a lawsuit!

Status
Not open for further replies.