I wonder if any one would give me details of a sat finder please

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry I am pretty confused. You said ADSL but what you are discribing doen't sound like ADSL. ADSL arrives at the house over a copper pair and there is no box outside. For C4 your internet connection is not being used so any freezes must be internal for that channel.

Rather than change the router is there any way you could get a network cable from the router to the bedroom?

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.4m dish + an 80cm dish with twin LNBs. 800HD Dreambox.
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
Barry I am pretty confused. You said ADSL but what you are discribing doen't sound like ADSL. ADSL arrives at the house over a copper pair and there is no box outside. For C4 your internet connection is not being used so any freezes must be internal for that channel.

Rather than change the router is there any way you could get a network cable from the router to the bedroom?

Hi Huevos,
The box I'm reffering to, is the one that Telefonica put in as your telephone line and also, as far as I am aware, brings your internet connection in to your home. We have a little black round box, into which, Telefonica put your connection wires, from there you attach the wires that lead into your house. As I have said, I'm not very technical so forgive my ignorance. It was that box that was full of water, the water covered the wires completely. Now that it is dried out and I have re-wired the terminal, everything seems to be back to normal. I got the football on yesterday, although it was still freezing at times but not as bad as it has been. I think that might be due either to the supplier or the fact that I'm still only on 1Mb speed. What do you think?

I had almost decided to wait and see what if any difference there is to the reception when my speed is increased before I buy the new router. The other thing, I forgot to mention was when I lost the TV reception, the telephones went down at the same time.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ok, so it is a normal telephone cable connection between your house and the exchange. 1Mb should be plenty. If you are getting freezing it is most likely caused by an over subscribed server. If it was me and I wanted to watch EPL I would just buy an ADMC box.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
That's not a bad idea. I might well go for that and Run cabels from my 2.4Mt dish to the downstairs TV room and the bed room. That would mean Christine can watchTV in bed and I get all the football. What size of dish would I need for AD sports?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Barry Young said:
That's not a bad idea. I might well go for that and Run cabels from my 2.4Mt dish to the downstairs TV room and the bed room. That would mean Christine can watchTV in bed and I get all the football. What size of dish would I need for AD sports?
Well that's not quite what I meant but you could do it that way. I meant run a CAT5 to the laptop from the router so you are not wireless. But taking a direct connection from the 2.4m dish to the bedroom would be good and is completely independant of anything else (always a good thing). Just needs a spare port on the 2.4 dish LNB and a Sky receiver in the bedroom. If you haven't got a spare port it just means changing to a quad LNB, or if you already have 4 in use I've got quad compatible switches.

For ADMC your motorised dish might just about be enough, but that would tie that dish up, and anyway I would normally use an 85cm dish to have a bit of rain margin, to get it down off Nilesat. Or I think you could just add a second LNB to the 2.4m dish and get ADMC down from Badr 6, although I've never done an ADMC system that way so far. If you did go for ADMC I should be able to get you the receiver and card cheaper than anywhere on the CB (have a ring around for a price), and for not a lot more you can get an Al Jazeera card that works in the same receiver to give you another 10 channels of premium footie.

Barry Young

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca Spain.
Huevos said:
Well that's not quite what I meant but you could do it that way. I meant run a CAT5 to the laptop from the router so you are not wireless. But taking a direct connection from the 2.4m dish to the bedroom would be good and is completely independant of anything else (always a good thing). Just needs a spare port on the 2.4 dish LNB and a Sky receiver in the bedroom. If you haven't got a spare port it just means changing to a quad LNB, or if you already have 4 in use I've got quad compatible switches.

For ADMC your motorised dish might just about be enough, but that would tie that dish up, and anyway I would normally use an 85cm dish to have a bit of rain margin, to get it down off Nilesat. Or I think you could just add a second LNB to the 2.4m dish and get ADMC down from Badr 6, although I've never done an ADMC system that way so far. If you did go for ADMC I should be able to get you the receiver and card cheaper than anywhere on the CB (have a ring around for a price), and for not a lot more you can get an Al Jazeera card that works in the same receiver to give you another 10 channels of premium footie.

Hi Huevos, I have a quad LNB on the 2.4 dish at present. The spare ports are leading into two unused bedrooms (except when we have visitors, and if they want to watch TV, they do so either in the main lounge or in my TV room). The cables are in the house and one of them could be long enough to run to my bedroom. I will need to take a closer look and perhaps have a word with my son who ran the cables in.

I had originally decided to run CAT 5 cables to the TV upstairs and to my bedroom. The second LNB sounds like a good idea, if that could be done. I will think about what I want to do and let you know.