Ic-prog problems

TIMBO

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can anyone advise how to correctly set up ic-prog under windows xp. It was fine with windows 98 but despite following a number of threads and the ic-prog site i have had no success. I have a jdm pic programmer, serial lead to com port 1 and have set up the correct settings in device manager.
Alternatively, is there a different programme which can run under windows xp for programming the pic?
Many thanks for your help

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Timbo

I don't have any first hand experience of what you are doing but, quite often, there's a need to set a compatability switch in the properties dialogue of the .exe file. In your case IC-Prog. I expect you know 'right-click' on the .exe file, open properties and there may be a switch there. It might say 2000 or NT or both.

Jimbo

TIMBO

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Jimbo
Thanks for your speedy reply-I'd all ready done what you said. It enables a driver for NT/2000 which is downloaded separately with the ic-prog software, however it did not load correctly, on trying to programme the pic i get the message 'verify failed at address 00B0h-any ideas?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I have exactly the same problem under XP-professional. In fact, I am unable to get ANY programming software talking to ANY of my programming devices under XP on my P4. I do all my experimentation on an old laptop running Windows95!

2old

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried an Elvis with Multiprog 3.5 or later 2old? Works fine with my XP pro on and elderly PIII. Strangeley enough though, i can't get my Nokia software to see the very same serial port, strange.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
No, I don't have those devices (not popular where I am). I have a MasteraII, VX-Multi, Russian PICPro3, VP20 and a couple of other old odds and sods.
I'll keep trying though. I've almost forgotten by now what they're for but that's hardly the point. I don't know what half the stuff I've got is for but when their little LEDs flicker into life I get a strange sense of satisfaction.
:cool:
2old

TIMBO

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've read the above.
So does anyone have any programming systems working under windows xp?