Ideal Freesat dish & twin lnb for zone 1

denn1s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box, Pace508ip, Echostar 2110-2ci.
My Location
South Lanzarote
Hi

I have recently removed my steerable dish outfit and would like to replace it with something more discreet.

Could you please provide opinions on the best type of dish & twin lnb to use for zone 1 to reliably receive a good signal for Freesat HD.

In theory I know the standard sky dish should be OK but I would like to be absolutely certain of a strong signal even in poor weather, and I have a cable run of 25 metres.

It would be useful to have a dish and supports that will need no maintenance and will not corrode.

There are numerous lnbs and it would be nice to here from people who have tried different types.

Lastly who provides the best value.

Thanks guys :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Can't go wrong with a Zone 2 (60cm) with signals from 28.2e/Eurobird 1 through off the scale.

Install a Quad LNb (4 outlets) for future proof.

25mtrs of cabling is nothing out of the norm with regards to cable length on standard installations so as above a Zone 2 will be your best option......in my opinion:D

denn1s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box, Pace508ip, Echostar 2110-2ci.
My Location
South Lanzarote
satelliteman said:
Can't go wrong with a Zone 2 (60cm) with signals from 28.2e/Eurobird 1 through off the scale.

Install a Quad LNb (4 outlets) for future proof.

25mtrs of cabling is nothing out of the norm with regards to cable length on standard installations so as above a Zone 2 will be your best option......in my opinion:D

Thanks very much,

What are your thoughts on the other points please

1. "It would be useful to have a dish and supports that will need no maintenance and will not corrode.

2. There are numerous lnbs and it would be nice to hear from people who have tried different types.

3. who provides the best value."

4. Which dish and lnb makes would you favour please and how important is the low noise rating.

Thanks
:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
denn1s said:
Thanks very much

Quote "It would be useful to have a dish and supports that will need no maintenance and will not corrode.

There are numerous lnbs and it would be nice to here from people who have tried different types.

Lastly who provides the best value."

Which dish and lnb makes would you favour please and how important is the low noise rating.

The lower the noise figure of an LNb the better. Mini-dish LNb's are 0.6dB I believe. This will be fine for Astra2/E1 :D