Idiot guide for db 500s

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Is there an idiot guide for db500s. As these do not use usb or h/d. So far I can load an image, but don't understand how to configure/load emus.I have ftp program but still cannot make them work.

Sorry to be a pain, but at present feel like giving up.....

Thanks

Storm

eminem120176

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+duo, DM500, SS2, Sky+HD, 1.2m dish motorised
My Location
Nottingham
Try this link

h**p://www.dbnation.tv/attachment.php?attachmentid=77

you will have to register

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@Storm55

Just ask your question, there are many members here with dm500 who will help you. In any case most advice in our ideot's guide are generally applicable. :)

Regards, pcd.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Many thanks. I have downloaded link and will read it.

It will hopefully save asking questions.

Regards

Storm.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
HI. Some people have worked hard to create a n excellent guide. Thanks to those concerned.

I have breifly looked at it and have come up with a few questions.

1) In section 8, working with DCC it says that ensure that captilization is correct. Does this mean change attributes tov 755.

2) Is it better to use official image DM 1.6 or Gemini 210 DM500.

Many thanks Storm.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Many people on this site with dreamboxes use Gemini. Without looking at (8), yes you need to chmod some file permissions to 755- you can do it with most FTP programs ie Cute FTP or WS FTP Pro.

There's no problem in asking questions but it helps to read the Idiot Guides a few times first in case your questions have been covered.

Happy Dreaming!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Storm55 said:
HI. Some people have worked hard to create a n excellent guide. Thanks to those concerned.

I have breifly looked at it and have come up with a few questions.

1) In section 8, working with DCC it says that ensure that captilization is correct. Does this mean change attributes tov 755.

2) Is it better to use official image DM 1.6 or Gemini 210 DM500.

Many thanks Storm.

The official images don't have a lot of features that are available with the modified ones. Gemini is indeed one of the best ones to have, but play around with them. This is what is so nice about the Dreambox. Get an image, set it up. When everything is working, back it up using the Wizzard. Then if you tried something else and you want to go back, no problem. Only takes a minute and a half.

Regarding the Guide: Please remember that some threads were written some time ago, especially some posts that relate to certain cams and keys might not be up to date as it constantly changes. Also, most of the stuff there relates to 5600 / 7000, I am not completely aware of all the differences between the boxes. But it's a start.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Many thanks for replies. Have down loaded programs and will try to set db box up this weekend. Your quick replies are really apreciated.

Thanks

Storm.