Idiot guide for DVB

Almazick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pc
Hello guys!
I'm ready to start kicking myself :) I can't figure it out how to setup everything. I'm using Yankse 1.3.2.1, Prog DVB4 and Fenrir 1-05.1. I'm trying to setup NagraVision Dish network on my PC. Also I got legal dishNetwork in my house but I would like to get PPV on my PC thru DishNetwork for free. I got all the files with SoftCam.key and trying to setup but I don't get any picture or sound on DishNetwork channels. When I load softcam.key for Yankse looks like it gets all the info and keys fine except it shows ******************* etc. I don't know if that's the way supposed to be anyway I got a little bit stuck. I read a lot on forums but it doesn't mean jack I need your input please.

Do I have to use ROM or EEPROM files for Fenrir?
Can I copy n key line from softcam.key file to Nagra.key file?
Do I have to use Fenrir and Yankse together?
My friend got PanSat 2500a receiver and it works great so is there a way to use Pansat receiver bin file load it into some kind of program to simulate the receiver and just flash it?
Can you please provide me with basic info what do I need to accomplish this so I can continue my research and to know what I'm missing?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Try S2emu.dll V1.1.4.0 with AU for N*gra and the latest s*ftcam.key file. You will also need all the other files from the V1.1.2.0 release (EEP, RAM, ROM ini etc.).

Get rid of Y*nkse and F*nrir. Also lose the N*gra.key file and anything else related to Y*nkse.

Put everything in the ProgDVB root directory.

I've never opened Dish, but if you have keys, then this should work for you.

Please come back and let us know how you got on.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Charlie is busting everything in USA last few days,best just to pay and watch tv now as N2 is all ready to be fully applied now,all keys are changing hourly so forget it.

Almazick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pc
kalamar said:
Charlie is busting everything in USA last few days,best just to pay and watch tv now as N2 is all ready to be fully applied now,all keys are changing hourly so forget it.

Dish Network will not change to N2 because 90% of DishNetwork receivers don't support N2. I don't think that they will replace all the receiver for all the customers, at least for the next few years or so.

kalamar

Reaction score
Almazick said:
Dish Network will not change to N2 because 90% of DishNetwork receivers don't support N2. I don't think that they will replace all the receiver for all the customers, at least for the next few years or so.

My friend,you have not the slightest idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

Sigma T

Reaction score
Hey Kalamar what system you suggest for the KU/C Band in the US area? For a while now I've been trying to get the system that will work but so many things are out there. Thanks

kalamar

Reaction score
Sigma T said:
Hey Kalamar what system you suggest for the KU/C Band in the US area? For a while now I've been trying to get the system that will work but so many things are out there. Thanks

hello
Well a 76cm or bigger dish,SG-2100 motor and probably a Pansat or Coolsat or most of the popular receivers would do your job.A pci card is what I use but im an experimenter and its a hassle to do the motor trick with a pci card on lots of satellites.I used to have a Coship CDVB 5300 +CI and Joker cam it was trouble free.The Box recievers are lots easier for scanning lots of satellites and have nice EPG's Ebay has all you need at a just price too.About 12 satellites here with FTA stuff and scrambled stuff too if you want to go after it. DirTV is gone and Dish will be too very soon,but lots of other stuff up there.

Sigma T

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kalamar, I have been trying to get the same info from others but you're the first one that guide me where to go. Thanks again.

P.S. Any sites or info to what other stuff are out there aside from DTV & Dish? Appreciate it much!.