Idiots guide to using dvbviewer

Big Ted

Big Hairy Bugger
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Idiots guide to using dvbviwer

1> purchase and install dvbviewer software

2> download and install yankse in \MdPlugins subdirectory http://yankse.tforums.com/yankse/MDYankse-1-03.2- TT.zip (conax built in)

make sure subdirectory is named MDPlugins (MDP in capitals)

3> put softcam.key in the \MdPlugins subdirectory and in dvbviewer root dir (created using utility attached)

3> In the Filters directory, put regsvr32.exe (from Windows/System32), and drag and drop SkyAVC.ax to Regsvr32 to register it

4> put the channels.dat from SoftCSA (also attached) to the DvbViewer directory

5> ensure you have enabled Marfis Renderer

6> ensure you install softcsa attached in plugin directory

7> if you need ecm's they are in yankse.sid.cache in yankse zip

Off you go

Attachment: fun2md v2.1.zip
This has been downloaded 4 time(s).

Big Ted

Big Hairy Bugger
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The two Plugins have to be copied into the dvbviewer plugin folder. The Multidec DLL's
should be stored at MDPlugins. The keyfile must be placed in the DVBViewer folder.

You need softcsa look for it on http://www.happyuc3.net.tc/

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
where can i get full version of dvbviewer? (not technisat version)

Progdvb causing jerky and blocky picture so i need to get dvbviewer running if cant fix it also how do i get my skystar 2 remote to work with progdvb?

What is the best codec to install for picture quality? when i record any channel and play back as an mpeg the picture is not full screen but sort of compressed looking like a little box. anyone had this problem and is there any way to fix this? i cannot seem to get directdraw to kick in on the progdvb menu. :(

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Rolf that site only has the plugins for dvb viewer, i already know of that site and most of the others but i cannot find the full version of dvbviewer as opposed to the technisat version. the technisat version is running fine in freeview so i assume the full version shoulddo the job no problem. Im having too many problems running progdvb with broken picture and blockyness even though transponder signal seems fine.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that the full version is a pay version, I got it quite a long time back and it didn't really work that well so dumped it.

http://dvbviewer.com

faginuk

Reaction score
s*t*a*r*m*a*n said:
where can i get full version of dvbviewer? (not technisat version)

Progdvb causing jerky and blocky picture so i need to get dvbviewer running if cant fix it also how do i get my skystar 2 remote to work with progdvb?

What is the best codec to install for picture quality? when i record any channel and play back as an mpeg the picture is not full screen but sort of compressed looking like a little box. anyone had this problem and is there any way to fix this? i cannot seem to get directdraw to kick in on the progdvb menu. :(
Hi did u get a fix for the problem of mpegs playing "looking like a little box" cos I have the same problem and its annoying me,

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi faginuk :)
No sorry i still have this problem, infact all the programs seem to do this. only suggestion to remedy the situation i know of at moment is to convert the mpeg using conversion software into a different size but that can take a while. more excellent info available here http://www.dvdrhelp.com/
just look under convert or guides etc on main menu page on the left and that will bring up a section on it. Also a good site to check dvd pplayer compatibilities to see what it supports. An excellent program would be "TMPGEnc" which is probably one of the best. You can set it up to convert your mpeg to a different Aspect Ratio or file type. Just convert for a few seconds to see results then when happy convert the whole file but it can take a long time to do depending on settings perhaps even 10 to 20 hours if converting to mpeg 2 etc. But i recon there must be a way to fix this problem without having to convert the mpeg, i think there must be a codec somewhere out there that works with dvb software to fix this problem but i havent really looked enough to find it as i am too busy just trying to get a decent picture without the jerkyness any blockyness at the moment and i think the problem is my processor just is not up to it either.

peter in the bus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
KENT
Hi guys,
Just wondering if you have given DVBDream a go. Nice stable picture and very user friendly. Same problems with recording though (small picture with WMP).
Peter in the Bus

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
peter in the bus said:
Hi guys,
Just wondering if you have given DVBDream a go. Nice stable picture and very user friendly. Same problems with recording though (small picture with WMP).
Peter in the Bus
WMP is very restrictive, esp V9. Try PowerDVD 5, or failing that, WinDVD which both come with superb codecs. The former is my favourite. Full-screen, full-on!

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i installed powerdvd 5 trial previously just so i could get the codec but it has not made any difference in progdvb. still got stretched picture after recording and video renderer and/or codec menu does not show up any particular codec name such as power dvd 5 just shows up the name codec which it always did, no way to get it to use specific codec that i can see, it could be defaulting to any codec on my system and i wouldnt know as its not saying in the progdvb menu and saying that i dont know what codecs are on my system either as a matter of interest though im sure that can be done. I would have thought just having the codec for power dvd 5 might help with this but doesnt programs like windows media player etc also use its own codecs anyway? this stretched picture on recording seems to be prevailent in all the software i have so far tried, has anyone got it running directly after recording booted up in say windows media player and have it playing properly in full screen mode? if so what is your setup?

mahboub

Reaction score
Dear "Big Ted"
hi

Where can I find Marfi renderer? and How can I enabled it?

Another question is what is the original filter and filter graph of DVBviewer and how we can embed it in ProgDVB?

Best Regards,
Mahboub

mahboub

Reaction score
Hi

Anybody have VideoRecorder plugin for DVBViewer?
This plugin records dircetly in mpeg(vcd) format.

I appreciate for any help in advance..
Kind Regards