IF AMP to boost signal along 30 meter cable

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
spiney said:
ok, thanks Rolf, in fact looking again al madhi did say there's only 1 lnb input (which I missed, oops!). So, it's just a single wideband amp (in fact 2 amps in parallel!) allowing several tv sets but only 1 sat receiver.

Thanks spiney for reply

Why don't you go to ALCAD company Website ( http://www.alcad.net ) and you wil see this AMP with all technical data .
It has two inputs ( one for TV-Antenna , the other for SAT-Dish )
If you are going to use it for TV-Antenna , the 4-outputs for 4-TV sets Or if you going to use it for SAT-Dish , the 4-outputs for 4-Satellite receivers which I am using now for my 4-satellite receivers .

Regarding your question about the coaxial-cable , I am not using only Belden brand I am using as wel other brands such as EUROSTAR - SUPER GAIN LOW LOSS CABLE -75 OHM , And there other brands I using them for 13 years since 1992 . And these coaxial-cables are designed for satellite connections. Not for VHF/UHF TV-Antennas .

Best Regards

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
yes, ok ......

I wasn't aware of gadgets such as the Alcad amp, being UK based, where Sky satellite multi-distribution would normally require multiswitches. However, if only 1 or 2 sat transponders are required, then then the single amp seems like a sensible solution, like Rolf says.

Regarding the original problem, all I can say is that adding any type of amplifier to satellite i.f. distribution - that's anywhere between the dish and receiver - and then seeing the "signal quality" go up instead of down, strongly suggests that at least some cable sections are not satellite grade!

If reception still not ok, I'd suggest systematic fault finding, where you first connect the sat receiver to antenna as close as possible to the dish, and then "work back" through the signal distribution system connecting at points progressively further away from dish - until you find the point at which signal quality suddenly drops very sharply and unexepctedly. That should be where the problem is, either a faulty amp or a section of non-sat cable.

Note that Belden have a website (Google it), if you have type numbers of all the cables then you can check if they're sat types, amybe one isn't.

There's many different types of coax cable, with various properties, just one section of the wrong type could cause a problem!