djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Would I have the same problem at 1W as I have with my Skystar 2 Card (like not being able to view anything) ?

Many more questions in the pipeline as think I will make a purchase soon. As long as understand a few more things.

Cheers

bigmantank

Reaction score
My Location
Oxford
Hi djc,
As with all premium sat packages it all depends on available keys and programs(depending on your equipement). To my knowledge the best solution for 1w at the moment is to buy a m2 card, they ussually have the update ready within a few hours.
The idea of buying a dreambox is for the possibilities it will give you in the future. apart from being an excellant reciever in its own rites, it is also like having a pc in the facts that you can program it or load programs onto it to enhance your use and viewing. couple that with the fact that you can connect to the internet(and your pc via a router or use your pc as the router) and stream pictures and sound to your pc, and not to mention the capability to save onto a hdd(7000 series only at the moment) and much more that i dont know about(still waiting for mine to arrive but i have read and talked to alot of people about this). Please read the idiots guide in this section of the forum and also try klona`s guide, a link to which you ill find if you follow some of my posts.
merry christmas and a happy new year
BMT

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
What the DreamBox offers is the ability to load software CAMs and k*ys. The advantage in that is as the CAMs/k*ys change new versions are released and can be downloaded and installed. this may save you money in the long run.

You are at the mercy of users saving these files for others to use. Recently the supporters of the Mll card have been very quick to release updates and this has helped those users as the changes have been frequent.

Nothing works all the time and forever. The DreamBox is about as future proof as you can get 'just now' but things change day-by-day.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
So, just for an example. If I had a Dreambox would I be able to view Conax at present ?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
djc said:
So, just for an example. If I had a Dreambox would I be able to view Conax at present ?

No No k*ys available yet for dreambox/tit. Only for M11 card at the moment.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
So the Dreambox can't use the M11 cards then ?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
djc said:
So the Dreambox can't use the M11 cards then ?

Yes. It has a built in card slot and you can change the CAMs in software.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Don't suppose the Dreambox can prgram the M11 cards, or am I being a bit optimistic :confused And if it can't I take it I'll have to purchase a programmer ?

Cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
djc said:
Don't suppose the Dreambox can prgram the M11 cards

No it can't, you will need a PC and programmer for that.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Next you will tell me that the Elvis Programmer that I sold recently, would have done the job ? If not which proggy do you recommend ?

Cheers

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
djc said:
Next you will tell me that the Elvis Programmer that I sold recently, would have done the job ?

Not an expert, but It think that would have worked... sorry!