M

me-smith

My Satellite Setup
60cm FTE dish (fixed)
FTE 0.3 LNB
Samsung 9400 FTA
My Location
France
What is the feature seen in advertisments called IF Loopthrough? I want to connect both a satellite receiver and a terrestrial antenna through the receiver. Is this the feature I need? Something else? Problem is that TV only has a single scart connector, but I want to switch back and forth between satellite reception and normal UHF broadcasting.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
IF loopthrough is for connecting a second satellite receiver, you need an RF loopthrough for passing terrestrial through the receiver.

How many pieces of equipment do you have, you have only mentioned one so far.

M

me-smith

My Satellite Setup
60cm FTE dish (fixed)
FTE 0.3 LNB
Samsung 9400 FTA
My Location
France
If the TV has both a scart connector and what appears to be a coax cable connector, can I just run the terrestrial cable to the coax connection and the receiver to the scart? I just have one sat receiver. Is RF loopthrough common in FTA receivers? Just curious.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, no need to loop it through the satellite receiver. :)

Some FTA receivers do not have an RF loopthrough.