Status
Not open for further replies.

perilomo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VisionNet FS-9510HD
My Location
Israel
So i am new to all of this and really understand no shit in satellites and all that stuff, so if i posted in the wrong section please pardon me as i am just a newbie. I've searched the forums for my answer but couldn't find it, nor i can PM no one because of the forum rules that i need to have some minimal posts first and some time to pass before i can do this.

Alright anyways, my father decided to disconnect from our TV company and go satellite. We got a dude to come over and config our satellite dish and then the receiver. He then shown me that most of the channels are encrypted. So he said he can unlock them for a fee. As my dad agreed, the man just went to some website he registered at (Or have created himself) and got some sort of codes there which he got copied and pasted it somewhere in the receiver configs and woosh the channels were open now (Well far from all but the Russian ones my father wanted). Now as far as i understand the encryption on the satellites do not change, and the only thing that prevent me from stop paying after he "decrypted" the channels for them to work is that he mentioned something about a code that is refreshing every 10 seconds. So as i guess it's probably a code that the receiver gets every 10 seconds from some server which provides the encryption to....Well hell i do not know how it works.

Now my question is, is there a way i can just configure the encryption in the receiver itself without having to connect to some sort of server where i have to pay for it? Or are the free servers or something where i can get that any ways. I've seen there is a lot of talk about card sharing but so far the only thing i understood is that people are using others existing cards, which are then probably also for a fee. Now i've seen the forum rule about not sharing keys here and stuff, but if people could at least tell me how to configure them and what they are for at least (Even in private) i would find the keys on the net myself.

Now the receiver my father got is something called "VisionNet, FS-9510HD" and i don't even know how good it is. The installer dude said it'll get my picture frozen from time to time due to it being too slow and low on ram to process data, but from what i read here it might also be because the server that provides keys from him might be slow, so i will be glad for some info about that too.

Thanks in advance.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
There is very little open on Keys these days.

From your description, you do in fact have a Commercial Card share. As you know we do not permit associated discussion here.

And the stuttering is caused by too many other users being connected to the same share. Unlikely to be anything to do with RAM.

If you require uninterrupted access to Subscription Channels then get a proper Subscription.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As for PM privileges, even when these are awarded, they are not provided in order to circumvent the ban on discussion of certain Topics on the main Forum. The principle is that anything about Satellites that can be discussed in open Forum should be - for the benefit of all Members.

perilomo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VisionNet FS-9510HD
My Location
Israel
Ow that was weird as i just posted here a replay and now i have to retype it as it didn't get posted...

Any ways what i were asking in this post is not about free keys and where to get them or anything. What i were saying is that i am new to this whole world and i am looking for info on how it works. What differences are there between receivers and how this whole system of card sharing or any other system works, specifically the one i am using (And i dunno even what it is). I don't know what to configure and where and what for, so i was looking for places with experianced people who can show me links or even explain themselves or at least point where to go to read the info about it so i can learn it all. It's been overnight when my dad decided to change from regular TV to satellite and now i wanna know how it works. How to get the keys and where from if at all i will find over the net, but for that i need to know how they work, what they do and what they are for...So that's the kind of info i am looking for

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
New member posts are automatically placed in a moderation queue
There is information in the appropriate sections but you have to read those sections however as mentioned previously, discussion of pay servers is forbidden, most of the information you require is in the dreambox section but you will have to read what you want to learn/understand, keys are not used in the vast majority of instances these days as encryption levels have increased significantly
click on this link for information http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/dreambox-guides-stickies-faqs/170056-all-stickies.html

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
perilomo said:
Ow that was weird as i just posted here a replay and now i have to retype it as it didn't get posted...

Any ways what i were asking in this post is not about free keys and where to get them or anything. What i were saying is that i am new to this whole world and i am looking for info on how it works. What differences are there between receivers and how this whole system of card sharing or any other system works, specifically the one i am using (And i dunno even what it is). I don't know what to configure and where and what for, so i was looking for places with experianced people who can show me links or even explain themselves or at least point where to go to read the info about it so i can learn it all. It's been overnight when my dad decided to change from regular TV to satellite and now i wanna know how it works. How to get the keys and where from if at all i will find over the net, but for that i need to know how they work, what they do and what they are for...So that's the kind of info i am looking for

Very basically your recever accesses a remote server that holds one or more cards for different pay tv providers. All totally illegal and you can expect a visit from the local police if the server gets busted - a big ring got taken down in Cyprus recently and the law went after the viewers as well as the operators..

Your supplier is being economic with the truth by the way - the commonest reason for channels freezing periodically is because too many viewers are connected to one card.

If you want guaranteed service then go back to paying for your proper subscription.

And thats as much as we will go into the mechanics, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.