I'm bad at math.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
As the title states i'm bad at math, (said something to teacher and got banned from math) :(

Anyway, rolfw can vouch for me (hes read previous posts of mine).

Anyway for this who haven't my dish is suffering from its first winter on the side of my house.. I live in a semi detached house with dead south on the back corner.. i could put a better bracket up but i want Hispasat aswell.. (motorised).:cool: so i dont think i can get round to west as far as as 30w.

Anyway looking at my garden now.

There are a few obstacles a fence.. and a 9ft bush.. i can lob the bush down lower than the fence.. but i cant lob the fence :(

Anyway

where my dish can go is 16ft away from the fence which is 6ft

i want to go from 28.2 through to hispasat..

How high off the ground would i need to bring the dish up?? (thats what i cant work out) lol bad math :(

Btw i live in manchester if that is needed :)

Any help would be great... Ill be off then to find a suitable candidate ie scaffold :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are only trying to clear a 6ft fence, then your dish can be mounted at head height and providing that there is nothing higher than the fence for 45 degrees either side of due South, you should be fine. :)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Head height?? Im 6ft 4 lol..

I was thinking having the dish 4ft off the ground?? to the west i have a 4ft fence its just east to south that has the 6ft fence...

Seeing as its 16ft and only needs to clear 6ft .. u reckon 4ft of the ground??

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, should be fine, but of course it will be obstructed by anyone walking in front. :)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Cheers fella.. im going to scour around now for a scafold pole :)

Thanks again for your help..

Ps, i know the problem of people walking in front.. but i have an even bigger problem where my dish is atm so id prefer to have it on the ground.. (problem being electricity pilon directly at 28e) lol

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, good reason. :)

Also much much easier to work on at ground level. :)

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
Yeshi said:
Cheers fella.. im going to scour around now for a scafold pole :)

Thanks again for your help..

Ps, i know the problem of people walking in front.. but i have an even bigger problem where my dish is atm so id prefer to have it on the ground.. (problem being electricity pilon directly at 28e) lol
scaffold cost me £64 for 18ft tube two couplers and a sleeve got my tube 7 1/2 ft out of the ground had on other way of doing it next door but 3 would not let me take the roof of her house .i said to her bungalows are better for a oap no up stairs she would not ave it sad :-beer

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
don said:
scaffold cost me £64 for 18ft tube two couplers and a sleeve got my tube 7 1/2 ft out of the ground had on other way of doing it next door but 3 would not let me take the roof of her house .i said to her bungalows are better for a oap no up stairs she would not ave it sad :-beer

£64 for a scaffold pole?? I got mine free, 10ft. Took it off a building site last night... well i paid someone to do it.. was lying on the floor. :)

edit please see attachment of my garden plan.. off to go pick up pole soon just waiting for posty :D

J

Jeff_19341

Aluminium scaffold pole is a lot more expensive than the galvanised steel scaffold poles.
3m steel scaffold poles from my local SGB less than a tenner, two couplers and a sleeve were £8.97. The boss very pleased with the washing line posts that I put up for her, so much so that she paid for my dish scaffold pole.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
May i ask how you have your dishes in the ground.. Im going to dig 2ft and smack it down further buy 2ft.. and then fill the 2ft hole with concrete..

Ive seen someone put a mini dish on a pole in the garden.. the person put the pole in the position.. and whacked it down with s sledge hammer.. 2 1/2 fft later the was water coming out of the pole.. he'd gone through the water supply and it had diverted the water up the pipe instead of going to the house.. it looked like a perfect joint like it was intended lol :)

Regarding Jumbucks post regarding the Washing pole.. Allot of places sell washing linee poles.. but theyre not like the older days.. these ones have a split in the centre on the post so it splits in half.. (for winter storage) these are useless as they turn .. but good for ligning the dish up lol

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
Yeshi said:
£64 for a scaffold pole?? I got mine free, 10ft. Took it off a building site last night... well i paid someone to do it.. was lying on the floor. :)

edit please see attachment of my garden plan.. off to go pick up pole soon just waiting for posty :D
lucky git were i live mate scaffold does'nt stop up that long before it's nicked one night if it's lucky

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Just picked it up.. was 11ft in total.. Had to chop it down ... now its 7ft :) paid £5 for it... will keep the left over bit will come in handy :D