I'm in Cairo, Egypt and would like some help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrowoman

User without a clue
My Location
Cairo,Egypt
Hi,
I'm in Cairo, Egypt and would like to know which satellites I can receive here. I am clueless and new at this so please excuse all my idiotic questions :-ohmy
I would also like to know how to point my 180 dish to each satellite - crikey this does sound dumb, sorry :) I'm using My Theatre 3.19 and I have a motorised dish with positioner - I know there are footprints or frequencies for each satellite, but how do I go about finding them? At the moment I just find them by luck - I have Nilesat and Hotbird and I think I found Eurobird - surely there's a more professional way? Please help! And please bear in mind I need an idiot's guide to doing all this :) Thanks very much indeed.

Hi I am an Irish expat in Cairo

I get lots
sirus, hispassat,thore,hotbuird,Astra 2a,2b,nile.arabsat, many more 17 in total
Astra 2a,2b have sky news & itv news (2.4Meter dish)
it is very cheap to get an installer to setup everything for you cost 100 to 150LE rember to get the guy to bring a small tv and cabel etc.
if you want any help email me simplebusinessATeircom.net

the AT is *
farrell

afrowoman said:
Hi,
I'm in Cairo, Egypt and would like to know which satellites I can receive here. I am clueless and new at this so please excuse all my idiotic questions :-ohmy
I would also like to know how to point my 180 dish to each satellite - crikey this does sound dumb, sorry :) I'm using My Theatre 3.19 and I have a motorised dish with positioner - I know there are footprints or frequencies for each satellite, but how do I go about finding them? At the moment I just find them by luck - I have Nilesat and Hotbird and I think I found Eurobird - surely there's a more professional way? Please help! And please bear in mind I need an idiot's guide to doing all this :) Thanks very much indeed.

afrowoman

User without a clue
My Location
Cairo,Egypt
Thanks very much indeed Farrell :)

Obviously we get a lot of satellites then. The guy who installed my system didn't do much and left - I think I'll get someone else to complete everything. I wasn't sure we can get hispasat and thor - thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it. Feel free to contact me anytime if you need any help here in Egypt :) (obviously not something dish related as I am totally clueless about that hehe)

The Guy who setup our dish was good and i recommend him.
he spent ages and was only happy when i could get the Irish news!
My wife speeks arabic so let us know if you need the phone number andtranslation if you cant speak egyption.

My Satellite Setup
starsat sr-x 1800 d
My Location
Egypt
HI
it is so easy to make it by your own, if u want help i am a doctor living in egypt, u can email me at bongeorgeo on hotmail.com

George

My Satellite Setup
i worked at satellite field from 1995 when i was small boy.
i have a good idea about reception in gulf countries and i worked at saudia before.
i have a good idea about old dishes like DH, PARACLIPSE, JONSA,ORBITRIN, KTI AND OTHERS.
i know veryy v
My Location
EGYPT,portsaid
i think and i guess you are using local satellite dish 180 cm called prefix if u are in capital cairo you must recieve about 280 channels or more from astra 19.2 e and recieve all hipasat,
if you r using american dish or old german you must recive above 400 channels.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
East Midlands, UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Six year old archive, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.