Status
Not open for further replies.

afrowoman

User without a clue
Reaction score
My Location
Cairo,Egypt
Hi,
I'm in Cairo, Egypt and would like to know which satellites I can receive here. I am clueless and new at this so please excuse all my idiotic questions :-ohmy
I would also like to know how to point my 180 dish to each satellite - crikey this does sound dumb, sorry :) I'm using My Theatre 3.19 and I have a motorised dish with positioner - I know there are footprints or frequencies for each satellite, but how do I go about finding them? At the moment I just find them by luck - I have Nilesat and Hotbird and I think I found Eurobird - surely there's a more professional way? Please help! And please bear in mind I need an idiot's guide to doing all this :) Thanks very much indeed.

farrell

Reaction score
Hi I am an Irish expat in Cairo

I get lots
sirus, hispassat,thore,hotbuird,Astra 2a,2b,nile.arabsat, many more 17 in total
Astra 2a,2b have sky news & itv news (2.4Meter dish)
it is very cheap to get an installer to setup everything for you cost 100 to 150LE rember to get the guy to bring a small tv and cabel etc.
if you want any help email me simplebusinessATeircom.net

the AT is *
farrell

afrowoman said:
Hi,
I'm in Cairo, Egypt and would like to know which satellites I can receive here. I am clueless and new at this so please excuse all my idiotic questions :-ohmy
I would also like to know how to point my 180 dish to each satellite - crikey this does sound dumb, sorry :) I'm using My Theatre 3.19 and I have a motorised dish with positioner - I know there are footprints or frequencies for each satellite, but how do I go about finding them? At the moment I just find them by luck - I have Nilesat and Hotbird and I think I found Eurobird - surely there's a more professional way? Please help! And please bear in mind I need an idiot's guide to doing all this :) Thanks very much indeed.

afrowoman

User without a clue
Reaction score
My Location
Cairo,Egypt
Thanks very much indeed Farrell :)

Obviously we get a lot of satellites then. The guy who installed my system didn't do much and left - I think I'll get someone else to complete everything. I wasn't sure we can get hispasat and thor - thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it. Feel free to contact me anytime if you need any help here in Egypt :) (obviously not something dish related as I am totally clueless about that hehe)

farrell

Reaction score
The Guy who setup our dish was good and i recommend him.
he spent ages and was only happy when i could get the Irish news!
My wife speeks arabic so let us know if you need the phone number andtranslation if you cant speak egyption.

bongeorgeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat sr-x 1800 d
My Location
Egypt
HI
it is so easy to make it by your own, if u want help i am a doctor living in egypt, u can email me at bongeorgeo on hotmail.com

George

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i worked at satellite field from 1995 when i was small boy.
i have a good idea about reception in gulf countries and i worked at saudia before.
i have a good idea about old dishes like DH, PARACLIPSE, JONSA,ORBITRIN, KTI AND OTHERS.
i know veryy v
My Location
EGYPT,portsaid
i think and i guess you are using local satellite dish 180 cm called prefix if u are in capital cairo you must recieve about 280 channels or more from astra 19.2 e and recieve all hipasat,
if you r using american dish or old german you must recive above 400 channels.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Six year old archive, closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.