I'm new at this

mamusa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell dimension 8400, P4 3.2ghz, 1Gb ram, Technisat SkyStar1 CI
My Location
Los Angeles Area, CA. USA
Hey guys, I just get a Technisat SkyStar1 CI, I haven't get any dish yet, when I istalled the card and drivers I tried with the Direct-tv set installed in my home (in Los Angeles) and with the software that come with the card, it indicated some signal straign, I downloaded someothers softwares but the keep give me a Error message about the network adapter, I'm sure tha the network adapter is enable.

Well my question is, what kind of dish and LNB should I get, I'm basicle Interesting about 4 o 5 Channels from SouthAmerica, and Off Course any Other channel around the world that I can get....

If someone could tell me any Web or where can get more information, I'll apreciate a lot...

Thanks for take the time to read me.....

Mamusa....

PS. I have all the information about the satellites and position, I need more information about equipment, hardware and softwares....

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hi - :-welcome to the forum.

You may want to try the technisat site for the latest drivers for your card, or technotrend. The prefered viewer at the moment seems to be ProgDVB (progdvb.com), a fairly good all round viewer with lots of plugins.

As for dish sizes, well you say that you have all the info on the sats BUT we don't have a clue unless you tell us what exactly you are expecting to watch and on whcih satellite. So go on spill the beans and we maybe able to recommend a suitable antenna size for your location.

Rgds

L.

mamusa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks for answer my post...

Well the Information tha you ask me, the are 3 satellites, well basicle interesting, are
NSS 806 40w, Galaxy 95w and hotbird 13e.
I'm not sure about the hotbird, there are a few channels from Italy and Spain tha I'll like to recive.....

Otherwise, about progdvb, I downloaded a free version of this program, but when I stared the program I get a error message about the drivers or the network adapter, I'm sure that the network adapter is on, but the name of the adapter is totally diferent to the one that progdvb ask for....

I don't not if it's because is a free version or I did something wrong when I installed the card or program...

thanks again..

by the way, I live in Los Angeles....

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Ok you may have to uninstall ProgDVB and your card drivers and re-install them (card drivers first). I'm not sure what ProgDVB will think your card is, because the SS1CI's don't have onboard decoding like the original SS1 so you may have to tell it that your card is something else.

Satellites - right then, Hotbird absoloutely no chance from North America i'm afraid. It's over the horizon from you and all the beams are pointing at Europe anyway. NSS806 has a Hemi beam which can be recieved in North America but it is a C band beam so you would need a dish of 1.8mtr upwards and a C band LNB to go with it. Galaxy3C you may have more luck with, you will get a good signal on the North America beam with an 80cm dish and 0.3db LNB
But....(there's always another one isn't there) all that appears to be on there is 'RaceTrackTV Network encoded in Nagravision which has been compromised, and DirecTV Brazil in Videoguard which is still secure and cannot be got around for the time being.

Hope this has been of some help.

Unlucky choice of satellites really. Is there nothing else you are interested in ??

L. :)

mamusa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ok....
I unistalled the card and drivers, I installed twinhan drivers.....
with the same twinhan software, It's indicate that it's reciven some signal.....

If I conect the Direct-tv Dish, I shoul be able to recive any channel....

for example... from the directv 6 pointed to 110w (I think so...)

About the satellites....

I new on this...... Any option you tell me, I'll listen...

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
What software are you now using to view with ?

Yes - if you do a scan at 110w you should pick up some signal but don't know if you will clear anything as I am unsure what you are using now.

You will also need a file called S2EMU 1.15 and another one called softcam.key ( dated within the last few days) Put these into the ProgDVB folder.

L.