I'm on the Scrounge - Philips ITV/On Digital

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive acquired a Philips ITV digital box for the princely sum of a pint of beer, but it didnt come with a remote

The front panel buttons do bugger all except the mains power one, and then it defaults to BBC News 24 on CH40.

Ive borrowed a remote to find out its all up and running but he now wants it back.

Anyone with a spare, or maybe part with it for a :-cheers ?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Channel Hopper said:
Ive borrowed a remote to find out its all up and running but he now wants it back.

Can you not use one of the learning remotes with your friends?

Aldi were doing one for £5.99 recently - maybe still get one....

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Ive run into problems before with all in one remotes. They usually do not have the button functions for the menus, and simply give channel change/volume control and on/off.

If anyone can confirm another remote that does the job I would consider it

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
C.H., I think cpc might accept Euros, but probably not "Eurobeer" (Belgian, strawberry flavour? Must be hallucinating, help, system shutdown .....).

I think that's the one, although it says "OnDIgital satellite", (meaning: "universal remote"?), so rather confusing (and somewhat expensive, I'm afraid!).

jobdone

Reaction score
The philips ondigi remote will work , but you can get hold of the ondigi (on mail) remote , this remote had a keypad on the inside which flipped up. this remote needs a code like a 1 for all , but (obviously) works fine. if you get one of these remotes post on here , i'll see if I can find the programming info for u.

mikk

Reaction score
Have you got a PoundWorld near you? They were recently selling silver colured 'Earth' universal remotes that worked on the old On Dig' boxes. All functions - I tested on Pace. Nokia and Philips, they are even the same shape as the philips remote, and yes they are £1 !

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
mikk said:
Have you got a PoundWorld near you? They were recently selling silver colured 'Earth' universal remotes that worked on the old On Dig' boxes. All functions - I tested on Pace. Nokia and Philips, they are even the same shape as the philips remote, and yes they are £1 !

That's interesting, many thanks!

Yes, there's lots of those in pound shops!

Another "known" source is www.grandata.co.uk , who stock ITV DIgital compatible remotes, cheaper than cpc, but not as cheap as £1!

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Thanks, I eventually found one in a charity shop remote bin (some do have them). 20p and it was mine.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Channel Hopper said:
20p and it was mine.
Splashing out a bit there aren't you? Looks like the family will have to have bread and water for the next week to pay for your indulgences.:)

Gatekeeper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVBS Satellite Antenna and reciever No Name and the All Weather Protection Booster
My Location
Belgium
spiney said:
C.H., I think cpc might accept Euros, but probably not "Eurobeer" (Belgian, strawberry flavour? Must be hallucinating, help, system shutdown .....).

I think that's the one, although it says "OnDIgital satellite", (meaning: "universal remote"?), so rather confusing (and somewhat expensive, I'm afraid!).

I still like Belgium Beer... A great Duvel and every movie will get much nicer...O-Ha

Gate

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
PaulR said:
Splashing out a bit there aren't you? Looks like the family will have to have bread and water for the next week to pay for your indulgences.:)

Its not my fault, the other half stopped me haggling at that point.:D

mikk

Reaction score
Same question, different receiver:been getting by with the old nokia 9850t, not bad if a little slow. I picked up a pioneer DBR-T21OGBS and of course no remote! Its the silver(ITV digital) one which suggests its a little later than the nokia, but whether it is better remains to be seen - at least the panel buttons work. Not withstanding the unlikely possibilty that somebody has a surplus remote kicking about, a photo of said remote would help in my quest, and before you ask, NO the £1 wonder didnt work... ps. it must be less than 20p!

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
www.grandata.co.uk have a huge selection of remotes, including On Digital "generic" ones. Unfortunately, their online catalogue is tiny, so doesn't say, best thing is to phone them (for a genuine enquiry).

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Yeah, it's me again, post post post .....

Just looked in my current Grandata printed catalogue, they do a "compatible" remote about £6, which they say works on On Digital (the 4 different brand receivers weren't identical, so presumably you select which!). So, I suggest you phone and ask.

Postage is £6 for box of 10, but they also sell singly, would probably send one in a jiffy bag for less.

(added: Grandata order code for this is - I think - RC 81. I haven't tried one, but Grandata claim it covers On Digital receivers).