I'm pissed with Rapidshare! Period!!!!!

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Put simply: no joined-up thinking. Morons.

Depending on how you skate across the net looking for stuff to download, rapidshare is either a cool thing (download mature content at the speed of light) or its a morale sapping experience.

I have been 'invited' to download files from rapidshare via numerous (cough) websites - but today took the biscuit.

I signed up to rapidshare.de to download a BBC show there. Problem was the show (files) were on rapidshare.com.

A support email from rapidshare.de (from rapidshare.com) pointed out that the two domains were separate (with separate money systems) and that I should ask for my money back in english from rapidshare.de.

Actually, I am going to stop short of the end because my story is tedious and well known.

Save for me saying: when will they have some joined up thinking ??

P.S. since rapidshare has no search engine, when you are 'invited' to download a file, there is no way of telling which (i.e., .de or .com) link you will get.

It sucks. Todays spend €15.00. €10.00 coming back (prob with hassle). 8 eps in the basket. and 42 hours still to download whatever. So not really a trauma.

:toke:

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Yes, it is a problem Wonder why they did it ? Not for milking us nerds ? I hope :)

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Best use the link (Search Engine) I posted in Sleepy Hollow Moo :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I had the same thing sort off. I paid the .com for a specific file. When I wanted some other things I found out that .de has many files I am interested in. the good thing is that most files can be found on both, a lot of Russian sites have the stuff posten on .com, it is a bit time consuming to googletranslate them texts...but, considering the money saved it is worth the 7 Ero per month...

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
To be honest, I only use rapidshare for fleshy material, so I'm not fussing when it's free with limits. Besides, if you know where to look, you can avoid rapidshare where sites ban it's use.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
BarMoo said:
P.S. since rapidshare has no search engine, when you are 'invited' to download a file, there is no way of telling which (i.e., .de or .com) link you will get.
The URL of the files usually start with http://rapidshare.com/ or http://rapidshare.de/ wherever it's loaded. Have you an example of the 'invite' you mention?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Marts: If you mean Rapidfox - forget it. In fact, of about five so-called search engines - none have really helped me to find whatever I was looking for. Partly because they all use Google - and the whole idea of Rapidshare is to share files privately. Any 'publicity' created by Google usually ends up with a dead rapidshare link ;-))

Jimbo: I'll PM you the said info.

T_G's right - with the right links, Rapidshare is money well spent. And now, thanks to the above link site, I am on the bandwagon, hehe.:p

P.S. don't think I have the patience to translate Russian all the time - but, care to share/PM a link TG *wink*

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Although I may miss out I am not going anywhere near that site to try and download something. My pc objects and I usually end up having to reboot, it's a crass idea anyhow

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Topper said:
My pc objects and I usually end up having to reboot, it's a crass idea anyhow

Pc objects ?? reboot?? crass idea ?? Sorry, I am totally lost Topper.

Its only a site full of links :confused [bugger, I think I have just broken a forum rule, oops].

If it upsets your PC, you should look at your PC's security/net settings - because it all works fine at my end.

In my experience it was a very rewarding crass exercise ;-))

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I'm referring to the concept of sending people via a link to a site where you may or may not be able to download something supposedly useful or entertaining. One in a hundred times it will let you the rest of the time it will not. As you have already stated even if you pay up for a premium account there is still no guarantee, so as I said it is a crass idea. Badly conceived badly thought out and hardly worthy of any more typing:mad:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I've had my moneys worth out of rapidshare and megaupload. Links are dead sometimes but only in about 1 or 2 % in my case. Mark's right about the settings though.

Ppl talk about problems with Paypal, Norton and all sorts but I've not experienced any problems with any of them. Must be doing something wrong.:D

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Topper said:
I'm referring to the concept of sending people via a link to a site where you may or may not be able to download something supposedly useful or entertaining. One in a hundred times it will let you the rest of the time it will not. As you have already stated even if you pay up for a premium account there is still no guarantee, so as I said it is a crass idea. Badly conceived badly thought out and hardly worthy of any more typing:mad:

Don't be angry, LOL. I'll PM you a reason. Take out a two days Premium pass and I'm sure you'll come back all smiley. You will, I promise.

And, even if you don't want to spent owt - use the proxy cheat to download for free (read: without all that waiting).

Moo.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
jimbo said:
Mark's right about the settings though.

Don't think so jimbo I also have no problems with Paypal Norton Ebay Amazon etc just that site I have never successfully downloaded anything but there again what do I really want to download from there?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Mr Topper you are just being peevish.

Three posts to the thread suggests a certain level of interest, surely?? :p

Whatever, nobody is forcing anybody to do something they clearly don't want to do.;)