I'm the man! ...But I still need help...

kirilcho

Reaction score
A cry for help :) Well, not anymore. Or at least not quite as desperate. I've set up my SS2 system now (thank you Lord) and everything's cool so far (I suppose) apart from the fact that the first time i tried I got a channel on W1 but after that I coudln't find it.

Anyways. As it is a sociological event, when people get something they automatically want more and more, I came here to ask you smart ppl how I can get encoded channels on my PC (SS2,DiseqC 1.2mot,ProgDV:cool:. I really wanna watch cartoon network and basically a couple of other encoded TVs. Do I need to pay for that (I can't). Is there an illegal (free) way of watching encoded TVs? If so, what is it? What do I need (I don't wanna take ur time, just pls explain it to me in a few words).

Thanks peeps :) The bleeper saved me before, you save me now ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
kirilcho said:
A cry for help it.

Anyways. As it is a sociological event, when people get something they automatically want more and more, I came here to ask you smart ppl how I can get encoded channels on my PC (SS2,DiseqC 1.2mot,ProgDV:cool:. I really wanna watch cartoon network and basically a couple of other encoded TVs. Do I need to pay for that (I can't). Is there an illegal (free) way of watching encoded TVs? If so, what is it? What do I need (I don't wanna take ur time, just pls explain it to me in a few words).

Hi Kirilcho. To answer your wquestions:
There is. It's illegal. It's very easy, all you have to do is read through one of the latest threads where Bgonastick explains how and where to put the various files.
Make a search for S2emu1.08, and also for fun6inonemach1, download them and you'll be able to see all sorts of stuff. If your conscience allows you to...

kirilcho

Reaction score
I'm alright with my conscience, I just want to know whether it's easy for the authorities to catch me? and if they do what happens?

Striker10

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
top of flats, london
They'll ask you how you did it cause apparently their kids like the cartoons too.....
:D

kirilcho

Reaction score
Striker10 said:
They'll ask you how you did it cause apparently their kids like the cartoons too.....
:D
:) seriously, is it easy to get caught and what would they do to you if they catch you watching Johnny Bravo?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
kirilcho said:
:) seriously, is it easy to get caught and what would they do to you if they catch you watching Johnny Bravo?

They don't go out their way to catch you - they just change the encryption system a lot to try and stop people receiving what they have not subscribed to.

It's very difficult to pin down where these people are as they could be anywhere within range of the satellite signal.

You can argue that by receiving a signal you are not stealing anything as you are not denying another person that signal. This opens a long legal argument, so best just to have a play around and see what you get.

Most of the encryptions change often, and what you can see today you have no guarantee you will see tomorrow - unless you subscribe. That is not always an option due to country limitations to subscription services.

I am sure many channels have gained from user who have subscribed after they have had a taste of a service and then buy the service, if available.

Cartoon Network is in English on Thor 1 deg West - by the way. You will have to work out the rest yourself!!!

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Warning!!! when you hack (steal) tv signals, nasty skin channels will pop up every so often.Be prepaired.