Improved Reception Astra 2D

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
On Friday,my reception of BBC improved dramatically,it lasted till midnight(Horiz Trans)from memory it did this last year,must be something to do with repositioning of the Satellite,has anyone else noticed this?

maniacop32

satmaniac ,DIY man
Reaction score
here in cyprus i noticed that reception from 2200 until 0100 is possible .before one month this was not possible

barney

Reaction score
dave branson said:
On Friday,my reception of BBC improved dramatically,it lasted till midnight(Horiz Trans)from memory it did this last year,must be something to do with repositioning of the Satellite,has anyone else noticed this?

Ciao, i have notice a power reduction on some frequency of 2a north beam..but only for Horizontal polarity... i need to remove the skew...every time during this time change someting on this satellites ...!!!!!!!!! No astra 2d for me (3 mt dish central italy)

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
2D is much, much better today- I have never seen it as strong as this in 18 months I've had this dish installed.
Don't forget this week is sun outage week- when the sun is directly behind the satellite on the 10th. Do SES have the ability to turn up the power?

simonskyman

I do dishes,me.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
big dish,sat box thingy,colour tv.and a remote control.
My Location
Limassol,Cyprus
snap said:
2D is much, much better today- I have never seen it as strong as this in 18 months I've had this dish installed.
Don't forget this week is sun outage week- when the sun is directly behind the satellite on the 10th. Do SES have the ability to turn up the power?
Yes it seems to be better.I think this happens this time every year as the sun is now going below the equator line.i dont think they turn up the power but that the satellites move a bit following the sun;s position for the solar power so the footprint might move a bit also,to our advantage.Anyway thats my theory,correct me if i'm wrong.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
What ever it does,its much better,i was getting a fixed picture on the Horiz
transponders all last evening and it was p- ing down with rain.

mohsen643

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp
starsat xr-190d super
My Location
middle east
I would appreciate it if sb explain (in simple words) what fringe reception is.

dave branson

Reaction score
My Location
Florence Italy
mohsen643 said:
I would appreciate it if sb explain (in simple words) what fringe reception is.

As i understand it,it means receiving a signal outside the official footprint of the reception area.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
My bbc/itv works all night but bad break up in morning except anglia,around 9am.

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
Have noticed some pixelation of ITV channels in Early mornings,, and yesterday complete loss of all but SKy News at about 1100 GMT

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Mike4t said:
Have noticed some pixelation of ITV channels in Early mornings,, and yesterday complete loss of all but SKy News at about 1100 GMT
You have probably hit sun outage time!
For about ten minutes the sun is directly behind the satellite and will blot out all Astra 2D signals in your location.
Check your clock though- it will be around 11.40 am local time. It could be something else, such as a thundercloud.
Sun outage calculator: http://www.satellite-calculations.com/SUNcalc/SUNcalc.htm
Also useful to find satellites and to check you have an unobstructed view of them.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Over here it started at 1.o'clock pm local time(2hours ahead of UK)