Improving Freesat Reception In France

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
FWIW, this morning I happened to be looking at the RIcher Sounds website "Clearance" section and noticed that they appear to have a few HUMAX Freesat HD receivers available (I think they are in the Webstore rather than at individual branches)

Unfortunately, it looks as though they don't deliver to France. (They can't even deliver to N.Ireland) I'm fortunate that we have a couple of UK residents who have holiday homes nearby and will happily bring over any items we can't get delivered.

dagr13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong HD decoder
My Location
Paris, France
Update:
So, I decided to chance my arm and bought the Humax HB-1100S HD TV Freesat Receiver from TVCorner.fr website. It only took a few days to arrive and it was super easy to install. Everything worked well, apart from the external USB storage. I initially tried several 32GB USB keys and none worked despite the receiver recognising the key and correctly identifying how much space was available. Humax tech support said the minimum size was around 100GB, so tried an old external 300GB drive and all is now well.
I can now get the 0.25MHz offset channels without problem. Apart from the new receiver, everything is unchanged. I also ordered a new dual LNB from the same site, but haven't installed yet. Thanks again for the great advice. It's great not having to reconfigure the receiver every time a channel jumps transponders.
The only minor gripe is not being able to set the time to France time on the receiver. It's all automatic as far I can work out.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Always pleased to hear of a successful outcome :)

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
The only minor gripe is not being able to set the time to France time on the receiver. It's all automatic as far I can work out.

If you've set the box up with a UK post code, it will naturally display UK time. We've got used to mentally altering the time, the only confusion arises when viewing a +1 channel.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I must say that when we're in France I don't have a problem with the hour's difference in time zone.

My wife, on the other hand...