improving Quality?

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
I am getting 75% signal strength on both 16E and 26E but virtually nothing on signal quality. I have a motorised 85cm dish and a Technomate 5500 DACI receiver - any suggestions as to how I can improve the quality please - I have an open southerly aspect so no obvious visual obstructions. I get great reception on 5E, 13E, 19E, 28E as well as 30W.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
You will always have a signal strength even if you point the dish to the moon :-) Signal quality is, as you noticed, the one that counts. Well 26E is Arab sat which is quite a weak bird in your area but you might get a couple of transponders though even if the footprint is not in your area and 85 cm dish is not so big. But I think some folks in the UK reported to recieve Arab sat on 85cm if I'm not mistaken.

Several things could be the problem and you should check. Is your system setup perfectly which will have to be the case for 26E. You will not notice this on strong birds but the weak ones will punish you if it is not 100%. What transponder did you use on 26E ? Some are weaker as the others so that could be a problem in your case. Try several.

Same with 16E. What transponder are you looking at ? Some transponders on a sat do not have a footprint to Europe. I do not think this is the case for 16E, have to look up first, but make sure you have a proper transponder and the frequency is correct. Often receiver settings are old and not up to date.

Regards

Claasi

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For 16E, pick a transponder with a high symbol rate like 11092 V 32,000 5/6, these are normally better when panning the sky for the satellite.

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
26E roaring in here on 80cm. dish and I am 'way out West.

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
Thanx for the suggestions which I will try out.