in-line amplifier & Dreambox

ta3as

Reaction score
I bought an "in line amplifier", but it did not work on dreambox. It worked on other sat receivers but as i said it did not work on dreambox. Is there any parameter in dreambox for using in-line amplifier? Does anyone tried in-line amplifier with Dreambox? Could you please share your knowledge?

TNX

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Do you mean an AV amp? I connect my Dreambox to my TV using a scart and use an optical lead into my AV amp (from the dreambox). You may need to set this up in the AV settings of your Dreambox.

HTH

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ta3as said:
I bought an "in line amplifier", but it did not work on dreambox. It worked on other sat receivers but as i said it did not work on dreambox. Is there any parameter in dreambox for using in-line amplifier? Does anyone tried in-line amplifier with Dreambox? Could you please share your knowledge?

TNX

If you are speaking of a satellite IF inline amp, then you may need to adjust the output power in the Dreambox motor menu.

ta3as

Reaction score
mhku said:
Do you mean an AV amp? I connect my Dreambox to my TV using a scart and use an optical lead into my AV amp (from the dreambox). You may need to set this up in the AV settings of your Dreambox.

HTH
It is not AV amp. It is a signal booster for low or weak transponder signals.
I attached a picture.

TNX

ta3as

Reaction score
rolfw said:
If you are speaking of a satellite IF inline amp, then you may need to adjust the output power in the Dreambox motor menu.

Hi @rolfw,

Can you explain the steps and parameters for adjusting the output power. I remember that there is no paramater for the output power in the motor menu. Am i missed something?

TNX for your reply....

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just a quick question, when you say the amp doesn't work, are you saying that when inline you cannot see any of the channels?

PS. these amps are not designed for boosting weak transponders, they are designed for long cable run compensation.

ta3as

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Just a quick question, when you say the amp doesn't work, are you saying that when inline you cannot see any of the channels?

PS. these amps are not designed for boosting weak transponders, they are designed for long cable run compensation.
Hi @rolfw,
When i connect the in-line amplifier to other receivers SNR level increase (it is working), but at dreambox, SNR level decrease (it is not working). By the way my cable length is 48 meters.

TNX for our reply

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Do you get any channels at all when used on the Dreambox?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Less than you get without the amp inline?

ta3as

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Less than you get without the amp inline?
Hi RolfW,
I can receive much channel without line amplifier. When i connect line amplifier, i can receive less channel.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Dreambox probably doesn't like the noise generated by the amp, they can be counter productive.

richard_s

richard_s
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
live on a complex on complex system + a bit more ;)
My Location
tenerife
are there any amplifiers out there that boost signal levels? other than the type above for long cable runs?

thanks

richard

okidokiss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream500s
P IV
My Location
Portugal
I use that and I've no problem!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
richard_s said:
are there any amplifiers out there that boost signal levels? other than the type above for long cable runs?

thanks

richard

You cannot boost what you haven't got, they are only good when compensating for a long cable run, or the insertion of a multiswitch.