In need of a Techno Mate

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Hi everyone. Just got my Technomate 5500 CI up and running but what is this thing they put in with the receiver- it appears to be called a User Manual. If anyone has a Technomate I am sure I will strike a cord here. I am no techno bod but neither am I a complete plonker (half complete - maybe) Anyhow down to business: Can anyone who has mastered this machine tell me how to input a frequency manually so that I can go straight to it. I suppose it is simple when you know how. Help would be appreciated before I wear out the buttons.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Roadster99 said:
Hi everyone. Just got my Technomate 5500 CI up and running but what is this thing they put in with the receiver- it appears to be called a User Manual. If anyone has a Technomate I am sure I will strike a cord here. I am no techno bod but neither am I a complete plonker (half complete - maybe) Anyhow down to business: Can anyone who has mastered this machine tell me how to input a frequency manually so that I can go straight to it. I suppose it is simple when you know how. Help would be appreciated before I wear out the buttons.

You can download a (sort of) user manual from their site -

http://www.technomate.com/support.php

Llew

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Thanks Llew. I will give it a go. I hope it is better than the one that came with the set.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Sorry, wasn't paying attention. Your manual has got to be a lot better than their online one :D

Llew

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
You are right Llew; back to square one. Help still required please anyone.

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
Roadster99 said:

Select menu
select advance search
make sure the sat you are pointed to is listed at top and is the one you want
select NEW TP
enter the Mhz ie. 10630
enter the ksps ie. 27500
set polarisation to V or H
check you have a signal of more than 50%
save the TP
press OK to search that frequency
the channels should now start registering

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Superb, Satslut. Many thanks for that. The receiver is good but the user guide is rubbish.