Inactive forum?

chuckles

Reaction score
I've scanned this forum several times but am always amazed at how little traffic there is on it! Especially as you still have a section on Sky. Any other forums that try that are usually blasted off the net.
Why is there so little discussion on this forum? Satdudez keeps closing its members lists after a few days and isalways busy. I'm not being rude I genuinly wonder why a scan through the topics here is like a visit to Sleepy Hollow!

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Its not about Quantity its about Quality, On Dudes and others you get
30 or more askin same question or agreeing to an answer already stated
Here its more personal (one to one)you useually get the answer in one.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately Chuckles, you are comparing chalk and cheese. The only way you can get to read Satdudez and most of the other forums is to register, hence the huge memberships and also why they are having blitzes on non posters, as the membership numbers bear no resemblance to the number of active posters.

Satdudez post files, we don't, a huge number of Satdudez members join purely to leech, with active involvement by a relatively small percentage.

I personally don't believe that posting discussions on Sky Digital have had any forums shut down, while posting ITV Digital files almost certainly has, I think Phill's is a prime example of the trouble that can cause.

I am a member of several forums, Phill's and Satdudez being among them, although this is my main one. It's my main choice because I prefer the style, but again it's horses for courses. The vast majority of our post are on topic, as opposed to some other forums where it is sometimes difficult to find a post directly relating the the hobby. Very often a 30 post thread will consist of I agree, Me too, count me in, can you PM me the details, I'll have some of that etc.

I do agree however that perhaps a little more involvement from many of the members would be appreciated, if not purely by way of putting something back in to the hobby, but to stop me posting.

Rolf. Sleepy Hollow Admin :)

chuckles

Reaction score
Oh well glad to see I caused no offence, I'll keep popping in the odd post and see if can't wake up some of the members!

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hey young man...

You just be careful...

We like snoozing along at our own pace...

We may be slow, but we sure have the answers...

Nice to have your posting...

Regards to all

W. Hole

PS. What is a dude anyway?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear All,

I agree with the poster - postings are currently low; but, it doesn't make for a bad site.

This is one of few sites to offer valuable and knowledgeable answers from people who know about their 'hobby' (hate that word). And they are friendly with it. I fall somewhere in the X zone (see star rating).

I follow other NG's too - for tabloid reading. Here, the calibre of content is much better - whether its being asked or being answered.

Have Fun,

Mark.

G

Gerry55

Hi
This is possibly the best site for me, good questions and very good answers with no hassle from members or admin! like you get from some other Boards

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Hi guys :)
I find myself coming back to this forum time and time again for one simple reason. It is the best professional discussion forum that i have come across on the net. It is run by dedicated genuine satellite hobbyists who have a genuine passion for satellite and that seems to rub off on the members who also seem to come back and i think there are a few like me now who have been coming in here for well over a year or so. Other forums as good as they can be often seem fragmented in there content where as this forum is well compartmentalized and structured. Its so much easier to find what you are looking for. And i particularly like the likns section which is handy if you need to find some software etc :)

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Shouldn't that be "links"....LOL

nobbly :+

chuckles

Reaction score
Amazing!,
I started this thread 3 months ago and had forgotten all about it, now there are 2 new replies, wow, activity or what.

No offence intended, please don't flame me, but really.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You're missing the essence of the forum Chuckles, a lot of the members may only visit once a week, once a month, or when time allows, but they still visit. Its never too late to reply to a thread, if the answer is still valid. :)

It's only sad blokes like me who check the forum every day :+

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not sad

perverted, obsessed, a nutter (a munkey ?)

but not sad.

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
I agree CH, I check in 2,4,5 times a week and think it's an excellent forum. I too am a member of a few others but this is my "home", if you get my meaning.

Pixey