India availibility of receivers,cams etc

V

virk

My Satellite Setup
ELECTRONICS
My Location
india
pls tell me how can i update software of my fta stb usinf haier chipset. pls any one help me thanx

URPradhan

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
gsmsikar said:
and can anyone tell me where can we get SATELLITE PCI DVB CARD in india?
Hi Friends

Me also want a DVB-S PCI card from technisat (Skystar 2 DVB-S PCI card New Version v2.6D with USB IR Receiver) which is approx $55 USD including VAT for non-European residents offered by the best seller in this category worldwide www.dvbshop.net

But the problem is the postal cost is tooooooooooooo high for us, even 2/3 times the cost of the card !!!

If you know any shop in India for the same card plz share the details here.

Hareesh

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
sat3 said:
Hello Omkar & Hareesh,

How would you compare a Universal MCBS CI with Eurostar 9700 CI ? Which is better in terms of geeting more satellite feed and usuage of CAMs ?
Hi dont go for Eurostar as myself and omakr are suffering as there is no software upgrades for the same.MCBS may be a good choice.

D

deleted

sat3 said:
Hello Omkar,

What receivers are available in India ?
What is decent size of dish for beginner like me ?
Could you suggest me a setup to start with ?

rgds,
It depends on your buget of how much you can spend on this thing. If you are intrested in DTH then go for TATASky or Dish tv or FTA DD DTH. For that the TATASKY or Dish TV would give you the complete set. Not much in KU band except these dth services. If you are going for C band then buy atleast a 6 feet dish for receiving satellites with Indian footprint or a minimum of 12 feet for out of foot print receptions.

S

sat3

My Satellite Setup
Looking for New Setup
My Location
India
Hareesh said:
Hi dont go for Eurostar as myself and omakr are suffering as there is no software upgrades for the same.MCBS may be a good choice.
Which are the ones you rate highly ? and where can i source in mumbai ?

Hareesh

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
My Location
sat3 said:
Which are the ones you rate highly ? and where can i source in mumbai ?
Just you can browse thru NET Indian Mfrs-MCBS,Beetel,BEL etc.So many imported STBs are also available like Alfabox,Coship etc.Technosat is a good one but not avlbl in India.Technosat,Technomate,Manhattan,Topfield,Dreambox,Humax etc are of good value but are costly and have to be imported.

S

sat3

My Satellite Setup
Looking for New Setup
My Location
India
Hareesh said:
Just you can browse thru NET Indian Mfrs-MCBS,Beetel,BEL etc.So many imported STBs are also available like Alfabox,Coship etc.Technosat is a good one but not avlbl in India.Technosat,Technomate,Manhattan,Topfield,Dreambox,Humax etc are of good value but are costly and have to be imported.

what you have to say on echostar and fortec star ?

I have narrowed on the needs as below --- any suggestion

receiver ( I need to finalise make and model --- would need some help here - plan to go the mumbai market this weekend.)
1. 2 CI slot
2. DiSeqC 1.0 & 1.2 support
3. RS232 connection to connect to PC for upgrading
4. blind scan
5. support ku/c band
6. EPG
7. FTA support
8. good quality setup software built-in
9. support for high nos. of channels

10. optional -- optical audio out -- if fits the budget ???

dish = 90cm ku band from apnaDTH
dual lead LNB = 0.5 db from Eurostar
DiSeqC 2-way switch from apnaDTH ( I plan to connect another dish)
signal meter ? --- where can i get this ?

request you suggestion and comment. Suggest me a good make and model of receiver available in India/Mumbai.

tks/rgds

T

thuvarakan

i'm lovin' it
My Satellite Setup
*90cm Dish/Twin output LNB/NSS 6/INSAT4B
*Eurostar 8110 AD+CI FTA STB
My Location
Colombo
(1)Please suggest me a good brand & model of a FTA receiver with Blind search facility available in Chennai. Where can I buy? Address pls?

B

BharatPremi

Mera Bharat Mahan!!!
My Satellite Setup
P4 2.4 prescot, 512 RAM, 17" Monitor, 250GB HDD, Twinhan PCI DVB card on Agila 146 E
My Location
North East India
hello,

URPradhan,
why dont u try dish from mcbs. they have ready stock of 1.0, 1.2 and even 1.8m ku dish. their 1.2 dish will cost you around rs.3500.

PCI DVB card are also available from mcbs/apnadth, though they just sell twinhan ones, not skystar

T

thuvarakan

i'm lovin' it
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colombo
Dear EuroBox 9700 owners: Could you please confirm that ur STB has "blind search" facility. I like to buy one with this option.

M

momoshana

My Satellite Setup
StarSat SR-X550D , 95cm KU dish
My Location
India
As far as new software updates are considered, [SIZE=-1] StarSat SR-X550D is very good. New updates are available every fornight. You can download new software from http://www.satdw.com.

550D and its clones are available in north east part of india at around Rs 4500/-.

It opens Dream TV on AGILA 2 and B4U movies on PAS 7/10. So Enjoy FREE
[/SIZE]

Hareesh

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
My Location
thuvarakan said:
Dear EuroBox 9700 owners: Could you please confirm that ur STB has "blind search" facility. I like to buy one with this option.
No it has not.Dont go for EB 9700+CI as there is no s/w update.Better you avoid Eurostar/Euroboxes.

URPradhan

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
BharatPremi said:
hello,

URPradhan,
why dont u try dish from mcbs. they have ready stock of 1.0, 1.2 and even 1.8m ku dish. their 1.2 dish will cost you around rs.3500.

PCI DVB card are also available from mcbs/apnadth, though they just sell twinhan ones, not skystar
Hi Mr BharatPremi

Thank you for ur words.
But CAN the ApnaDTH/MCBS products like DVB-S PCI card and the Ku-band dish will be same as Skystar/Twinhan/TechnoTrend and SpacelinkIndia respectively ?

With their pkg they are giving 0.6/0.7 dB LNBF, rather you can get 0.2/0.3 dB LNBFs from market easily for better picture quality.

Thay are just good for moeny and for basic TV viewing experience, not for BEST quality as per the trend, atleast I hope so.

Thanx

member91040

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
DUDE , DVB-PCI Card is almost the same like others 90%, Makers are different and qulity differ.

URPradhan

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
member91040 said:
DUDE , DVB-PCI Card is almost the same like others 90%, Makers are different and qulity differ.
Hi friend

Ya, I know every DVB-S PCI card LOOKS alike of same size and dimension,but as you agree the QUALITY differes. This is where I can not compromise.

Thanx

T

thuvarakan

i'm lovin' it
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colombo
It is quite confirmed that we can receive Telstar18. The supplier for max4xxx channels recommends the following;

“what I recommand STB is multi-encryptiuon with 2 card slot can read Viaccess,connax,nagra vision, Media guard,.... .no more need cam module”

I want to clarify the following;
1. What is multi-encryption STB? Is it same as Universal card reader STB (e.g. Eurostar EB 777).
2. In universal card reader STBs, do I have to buy modules to use with cards? (in case of multi-encryption & uni card reader STBs are different)
3. According to the channel people multy-encryption STBs doesn’t need modules. Is it true?
4. As most of you advice not to go for Eurostar, what are the other brand/models that have multi-encryption facility?
5. What is “universal module”? Can it be used will all kind of encryption cards?
6. Now, this card for max channels is Viaccess2.5.
i. If I buy any STB+2CI, do I have to confirm that STB also have viaccess encrypted?
ii. Or just buy any STB+2CI, and then use it with Viaccess module?
iii. Or just buy any STB+2CI, and then use it with Universal module?

URPradhan

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Hi Friends

Does anyone having Inverto Silvertech 0.2 dB Single Universal Ku-band LNBF ?
Any pointer to purchase this LNBF in India ?

(http://www.inverto.tv/ProductsPage.asp?ProductID=59)

Thanx

R

raddik

My Satellite Setup
all cams all sharing
My Location
india
help line india for everything

email address removed - no advertising on this forum

F

firstrehani

My Satellite Setup
I Have new installed tatasky digicom,
New Delhi
My Location
India
Right now i own Tatasky but unhappy due to choices i'm planing to buy a stb lnb & a dish i'm in delhi what do you recommend which model what size of dish i'm thinking 120 cm will be good for NSS6,testar, eurostar,hotbird etc please help what's the cost like...what cam will work with the stb
where to buy Stb cam etc in delhi

F

firstrehani

My Satellite Setup
I Have new installed tatasky digicom,
New Delhi
My Location
India
i have ta-ta-s-k.y dtb i have chipset number can u help to unlock it Email address removed