Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
After banning entertainment channel AXN for showing indecent content, India’s Minister of Information and Broadcasting Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi had listed several other channels with “obscene” and “objectionable” content. The minister said he plans to implement the Cable Act and take stringent measures to enforce time scheduling for TV channels, Express News Service has reported.

He said programmes with adult scenes showing women wearing “objectionable” clothes would be scheduled for late night viewing. Channels which do not adhere to the moral code would see “tough days ahead”, the minister said.

Mr Dasmunsi stressed that action would be taken either before or during the country’s budget session. The minister, however, refused to name the channels on the ministry’s watchlist. “They either respond to our notice or face the consequences,” Mr Dasmunsi added.

(Source: Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union via Media network)

hitman1980

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
TataSky, Humax STB
My Location
India, New Delhi
Let them ban all channels and take all of us back to DD age....

kreacher

Waiting for HD
My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky - Humax STB
My Location
India
Wow, I think sports channels are next in the list to be banned. Women's tennis will either be telecast late at night or be banned :)

raleigh22

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky, Thomson STB
My Location
Mumbai, India
kreacher said:
Wow, I think sports channels are next in the list to be banned. Women's tennis will either be telecast late at night or be banned :)
I'm sure Priya is offended by Sania's skirts. :-rofl2
Hmm, and wonder what the I&B babus think of beach volleyball.

Surprisingly the same people have no objection to ads in which women are told they have to be fair to be successful in life.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Let them ban all the channel and leave Cartoon for them.