Indian Dth In Middle East

Hareesh

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
moopan said:
Hi,

I am new here. Can some one please help me, I am planning to get a Dish TV receiver and smart card. I have no idea about satellite receivers and its technicalities I am expecting members here to help me out.
I reside in dubai, and my building has common dishes on the roof for all the flats in my building. They don't allow us to keep seperate dish for each flat. I am currently using pehla via nilesat. I get free channels from Arab sat and NSS ku6 also..

I need clarification in the following before buying dish tv

Currently I am using a technosat IR 7000 plus receiver for getting all the above channels . Can I get dish tv using this receiver or do I need to bring a receiver from India?

Can I just connect the receiver directly to the lnb jock and receive the channels along with the free channels. Do i need to do some special settings in the receiver to get dish tv.

Thanks
moopan
For Newbies:pls have the patience to search through the forum before posting.All your questions are answered in different threads.'O'-red

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
NSS6,DISH TV INDIA,KAON KSC-i260MCO
My Location
bahrain
Hareesh said:
For Newbies:pls have the patience to search through the forum before posting.All your questions are answered in different threads.'O'-red
Hareesh,

Dont get angry.Not good for health

member91040

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
moopan said:
Hi,

I am new here. Can some one please help me, I am planning to get a Dish TV receiver and smart card. I have no idea about satellite receivers and its technicalities I am expecting members here to help me out.
I reside in dubai, and my building has common dishes on the roof for all the flats in my building. They don't allow us to keep seperate dish for each flat. I am currently using pehla via nilesat. I get free channels from Arab sat and NSS ku6 also..

I need clarification in the following before buying dish tv

Currently I am using a technosat IR 7000 plus receiver for getting all the above channels . Can I get dish tv using this receiver or do I need to bring a receiver from India?

Can I just connect the receiver directly to the lnb jock and receive the channels along with the free channels. Do i need to do some special settings in the receiver to get dish tv.

Thanks
moopan
You need a dish tv receiver to get them all, you cant view it on ur present receiver. Regarding getting from INDIA, Its critical to get till your place, why ? Check it in old threads regarding.

N

nautysam

My Satellite Setup
humax,irci-5400z
hotbird, nilesat, arabsat & insat
My Location
manama, bahrain
hi, guys, :)
i am from bombay and working in bahrain,
i am having a starsat receiver with a single universal cam,
i am planning to get tata sky or dish tv card,
can any body suggest which one will work on this receiver,
and which is the good one.

member91040

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Hello Bro, Sorry to say you noting works on you receiver, You need to get it orignal .

S

single

My Satellite Setup
zenega1400, 165cm dish with ku lnb
My Location
Bahrain
To Marshall and others,

I am those unfortunate once who have got this zenega 1400is in Bahrain. Any update on this model if this is receiving signals now. No technician seems to be knowing the trick! though I am experimenting myself but no result till now. I will also update in case I get any success.
Please let me know if any solution is found till now.

I

ibu4u

My Satellite Setup
TATA SKY in Riyadh-KSA
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hello all

I have tata sky in riyadh....i am using 2.5m HUNTER dish and universal band lnb....day time i m missing many channels like neo sports, dd1, star plus, star one, sony, sahara etc....i dont know whats the problem? the technician who installed it giving me excuses that there are microwaves in the day time so you cannot receive them in day time....can some one know good technician here in riyadh who can give me some sort of solution....beside of this he put one line amplifier near my digicom....still no help??? bit confuse about it...please help me!

V

Vijdsa

My Satellite Setup
Dish TV , With Maxi Offer . STB: KSC-i260MCO
My Location
UAE Sharjah
Hi ,

I have a Dish TV STB : KSC-i260MCO.I want to reset the same to factory defaults . Can experts guide what is the impact of resetting factory defaults ?

What are the precautions i need to take ? Am worried mainly of tghe impact cause i am getting some channels .

Appeciate an expert advise.

Cheers
Vij

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
Vijdsa said:
Hi ,

I have a Dish TV STB : KSC-i260MCO.I want to reset the same to factory defaults . Can experts guide what is the impact of resetting factory defaults ?

What are the precautions i need to take ? Am worried mainly of tghe impact cause i am getting some channels .

Appeciate an expert advise.

Cheers
Vij

hi,

yu may loose one tp carrying HBO,TCM,CARTON NETWORK,ZEE BUSINESS etc after factry reset.

V

Vijdsa

My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE Sharjah
Hi ,

I did that and i got all channels except "HBO,TCM,CARTON NETWORK,ZEE
BUSINESS and some after factry reset" How do i restore them ?

Thanks

Vijay

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
Vijdsa said:
Hi ,

Thanks

Vijay
Hi,

scan ur stb continously between 11.10pm to 11.25pm.Dont save unelss u get 127 channels. This is only the time u get back that tp.It happend to us,but we got this tp by doing the scan during that period

V

Vijdsa

My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE Sharjah
asdf68 said:
Hi,

scan ur stb continously between 11.10pm to 11.25pm.Dont save unelss u get 127 channels. This is only the time u get back that tp.It happend to us,but we got this tp by doing the scan during that period
Thanks Buddy , That Was really helpful.I am geting 13 TP and 104 Channels listed after the Factory reset . I will do a scan as suggested by you and keep my fingers crossed for the 127 Channel mark.Appreciate your efforst in sharing your experience .

Cheers

Vijay

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
Vijdsa said:
Thanks Buddy , That Was really helpful.I am geting 13 TP and 104 Channels listed after the Factory reset . I will do a scan as suggested by you and keep my fingers crossed for the 127 Channel mark.Appreciate your efforst in sharing your experience .

Cheers

Vijay

Hi,

Did u get those channels back?

V

Vijdsa

My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE Sharjah
No Friend,

I get a good signal of 70% during 11 PM to 11 30 PM else it is 60 % all the time. I did a search of the channels during that time but no luck wiht the HBO, Cartoon network and other channels ......

I get 13 TP's
and 14 Networks , when I try to save the received Channels ie :104 . I get a warning that some of the TP's have still not received Channlels in full do you still want to continue or rescan , Rescan does not help so i save with the 104 Channels itself.

I noticed that some of the TP's do not have any channels listed in them .

This weekend at 11.00 PM i am planning to do a LNB move and check the signal strenght more and do a channel search and see that all the TP's have the channels listed in them and check if i get all the 127 Channels .

Kindly advise if you got any plan for me to follow .

Appreciate your followup In this regard

Thanks and Cheers

Vijay

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
Vijdsa said:
No Friend,

I get a good signal of 70% during 11 PM to 11 30 PM else it is 60 % all the time. I did a search of the channels during that time but no luck wiht the HBO, Cartoon network and other channels ......

I get 13 TP's
and 14 Networks , when I try to save the received Channels ie :104 . I get a warning that some of the TP's have still not received Channlels in full do you still want to continue or rescan , Rescan does not help so i save with the 104 Channels itself.

I noticed that some of the TP's do not have any channels listed in them .

This weekend at 11.00 PM i am planning to do a LNB move and check the signal strenght more and do a channel search and see that all the TP's have the channels listed in them and check if i get all the 127 Channels .

Kindly advise if you got any plan for me to follow .

Appreciate your followup In this regard

Thanks and Cheers

Vijay

Hi,

Dont worry,u wil get it.We all got it.Change ur home transponder to 12525/40700/vertical and rescan during 11.10 pm and 11.30 pm.u wil get that tp around 11.15 pm.there is no explanation for that.I am sure u will get it

A

asdf68

My Satellite Setup
My Location
bahrain
Vijdsa said:
Hi ,

Thanks

Vijay
Hi,

Did u get them back?

V

varunous

My Satellite Setup
nss 6, windows xp
My Location
dubai
hi I ve got a zenega 1004 is ( i know its a bad start.....) my buildng has a centralized dish system working on diseq and 22khz. my lnb setting is on diseq 1.

When i conect the cable directly I get two transponders
12638 v 13300 (45%/60%)
12688 v 27500 (29/35)

when i do th splitter trick i gain one transponder but i lose one as well ( strange)
12638 v 13300 (40/50)
12534 v 40700 (47/55)
but i loose 12688 v 27500 (2/3)

when i tried to attach an in line amplifier I got no signal at all
Does any body know if this is due to disceq system istalled or something else

is there ant other way i can ampify the signal

when i use the same line with a diifent reciver (starsat) i get more than 60% signal for 5 dish tv transponders

uys please help

Y

yesmanhun

My Satellite Setup
INSAT 4B
My Location
Egypt
I am going to cairo. Can anyone tell which of the DTH services will work there? Tata Sky, BIG Tv or Dish TV??? I think coverage of BIG TV is more than tata sky.

Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I doubt any of the Indian services will be available in Cairo unless you have access to a very big dish indeed.

Y

yesmanhun

My Satellite Setup
INSAT 4B
My Location
Egypt
Analoguesat said:
I doubt any of the Indian services will be available in Cairo unless you have access to a very big dish indeed.
The MEASAT3 of BIG TV shows a comfortable coverage of the area. Infact almost entire africa. The satellite coverage over egypt says 36DBW EIRP in C band and dish size 145-180 cm.

NSS-6 for Dish TV says 50 DBW EIRP in Ku band and a dish size of 60 cm.

INSAT 4A of Tata Sky has no coverage.

INSAT 4B of SunDirect has 40 DBW EIRP in C band and a dish size of about 125 cm.

Now I understand that these are not the optimal signals that u may receive but with a bigger dish the same can be achieved.

I would request you to have a look at the satellite coverages especially that of MEASAT3 _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/mea3_global.html. I actually dont see any reason why one should not be able to receive the signals comfortably.