Indoor Dish

ngj26

Reaction score
My Location
Doncaster
Hi could somone help me i am after buying an indoor dish is there anyone who could recommend where to buy one from thank you

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There is no such thing as an indoor dish, they are designed to go outside, you can however use any dish from behind a window. The window needs to be looking out in pretty much the direction of the satellite you wish to point at and the dish needs to be large enough to counter the attenuation of the window.

Which satellite do you want to view channels from?

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
ngj26, I recommend getting as cheap a dish as possible to check out whether you can receive a signal from the satellite(s) you're after. It's best to do this first rather than buying a more expensive dish and finding it's useless with the type of glazing you have.

To begin with I went for a Sky minidish off of eBay. Last time I checked you could get them for about £15 inc p&p.

If the test dish works (or you want to chance it) then a camping dish is one of the most flexible in setting up, quickest in setting up and most aestitically pleasing (or in other words, the least ugly option!). Unfortunately these tend to be quite small so it can be difficult to get all the transponders on some satellites (and they'll be many satellites you won't get at all)

Camping dishes can be quite hard to get hold of in this country - you either have to wait until Lidl stock 'em again, get one from Germany or off of eBay. However, if you have money to burn, some UK satellite shops sell them for ridiculous amounts.

edd173

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed dish on 19.2e for free to air only.
My Location
Up a ladder
I was planning to move into an apartment block in town and looked at the `Arcon Sweety`. Its a camping dish with a suction mount, so could be useful for aesthetic purposes, no-one wants a big ugly dish mount in the living room. As i recall, its a small dish (40cm ish i think) but with the equivalent gain (performance) of a 60 cm dish. They are not cheap though so i would certainly test with a conventional dish first to see if you can get signal. Found this pic on ebay

View attachment 4784

ngj26

Reaction score
My Location
Doncaster
I have a basic sky dish up at moment if i got a reciever at what degrees is sky on at moment

gov400

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020s
Gibertini OP120 Dish
STAB HH120 MOTOR
My Location
London
28.0E is for Sky on Astra

ngj26

Reaction score
My Location
Doncaster
what is the best cam for that and is there plenty of football on round there

drevil2nd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
23 LCD SONY TV
10Mbit CABLE + TV
MCE2005 PC (Giving me grief)
XBOX 360 as extender
My Location
london
Yes theres plenty of football up there, but its all broadcast by sky!

You could try pointing it at hotbird and seeing what you can pick up.