Infinity USB Question

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
When I program a Fun4Card I always have to program both the Flash and the Ext EEprom, even though the Flash has been programmed previously. Is there any way I can stop the Flash from being erased so that I only need to update the Ext EEprom?
Many thanks.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Unfortunately Shaun, expertise on the Infinity in this forum is a bit sparse. You could post on this link and maybe get an answer there.

Best of luck

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Thanks Jimbo, I did post on the forum you mentioned but failed to get a resposne. I now think the issue is more related to the Fun4Card in that a loader probably has to be downloaded to the FLASH in order to write to the Ext EEPROM and this loader erases the FLASH. If there are some programmers that preserve the contents of the FLASH, then I would imagine they do this by reading the FLASH prior to updaing the Ext EEPROM and re-instating it afterwards.

stevio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::
select the write button and select ext eeprom and update the eeprom only!!
Dodddle
Steve

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
select the write button and select ext eeprom and update the eeprom only!!
This doesn't work for me, the FLASH ends up getting corrupted. It is however possible to write to the FLASH without corrupting the Ext EEPROM.

Shaun

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
It seems this problem has now been fixed in the lastest release of Infinity-USB firmware.

curler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
private
My Location
Scotland
I am a complete beginner with an Infinity USB Phoenix card programmer. Where/how do I find the HEX (?) files to load on to a titanium card for satellite tv use?? Help! Curler

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi curler,
it would have been better to start a new thread as this thread is from 2003.
To program a Titanium card, using an Infinity/Phoenix programmer, you need it to be connected using both a USB cable and a Serial cable. If this is done you then start your programmer and switch it into Phoenix mode 3.58 Mhz.
You now need the Titanium loader software to be opened, which loader you use depends on which file you want to load, and how to load it can usually be found in the read me or how to file, also you can read lots of information in the Titanium card section:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80
There are lots of places to obtain files including:
_http://www.sat-key.org/
Have a read through the Titanium card section and if you have any more questions please start a new thread.
Best wishes
Mickha