Not open for further replies.

Dishy-girl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Liberty MCCI+ 2500 and Liberty CI9800 Protek 9600 IP
Four fixed dishes on 4 way disecq 13e,19.2e, 28.2e and 30w
My Location
South of England
Good morning gentlemen. I am considering purchasing one of these receivers but cannot find any reviews anywhere on the net. Does anyone have any information or know where to find any information, other than the actual Protek site. Better still does anyone actually have any experience of this receiver :confused

H

hoppo1

They are pretty good, plug them scan and connect the LAN cable and away you go. What is your set up?
Just read your signature (i´ll look next time)

H

hoppo1

The Protek does´t open anything on 1west, but opens just about everything on 13 & 19.2.

Dishy-girl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Liberty MCCI+ 2500 and Liberty CI9800 Protek 9600 IP
Four fixed dishes on 4 way disecq 13e,19.2e, 28.2e and 30w
My Location
South of England
Thanks for your replies. My current set-up is four dishes on a four way disecq hooked up to 13e, 19.2e, 1w and 28.2e. I currently have a Liberty MCI 2500+ receiver which I have been very happy with. I just really like the idea of the updates via LAN. I think I'll order one of these receivers this week and see. Will let you know how I get on if you are interested.

Thanks again for your prompt replies :)

jorel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not yet
My Location
uae
Does the protek need a satellite dish ?

I am not allowed to put up one and I am looking for another solution but after days of research I found only solutions through the pc.

Is there any solution where I can connect a box to a DSL modem only without a dish ? found hints about IPTV

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
jorel said:

Yes, as far as I know, all satellite receivers need a dish.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
jorel said:

I am not allowed to put up one and I am looking for another solution but after days of research I found only solutions through the pc.

Is there any solution where I can connect a box to a DSL modem only without a dish ? found hints about IPTV

If you cant have a dish then you will have to find an iptv based solution. Forget any satellite box unless you can find a way of having a discreet dish

Status
Not open for further replies.