Innovative? Motorised? Channels? Newbie!!

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just an Innovative receiver at mo!
My Location
South Yorkshire
:)Hello to all just want to introduce myself I`m Mike from Rotherham South Yorkshire, i`m new to this forum :-worshippleasure to be here. I`m all new to this game so i`m after a bit of advice? Basically i was talking to a satellite installer the other day while fitting handsfree in his van for him(Auto Electrician) by trade thats me! any how got on about this satellite system called Innovative mmmmm... i thought i`ll have to get one of those.. So after much deciding approx 10mins i took it upon myself to search the net i could`nt find one anywhere. But then my luck changed i found one on e-bay cost me £100 there abouts second user though. What i`m trying to say is did i rush into this, have i not thought this through? I dont even know what dish to buy 80 - 90cm with what i`ve read and it needs to be motorised OH and told my fiancee its gonna be the best thing since bread thats sliced with no crusts! mmmm... have i been foolish?

Thanks hope you can help

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Have you actually bought the thing yet I wonder ??.

L.:)

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
Yep i bought it? why is that bad?

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
Sorry it took so long to respond i had connection problems!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, the innovative is a good receiver, I seem to remember that one of our members here has one, do a forum search for innovative. :)

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
Thanks I will do, see what i can find out. I`m basically wanting to know what type of dish to use, Ive seen a Lemon 90cm dish and LNB with free allignment meter on Wizard satellites _http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_90&products_id=254

Don`t Know if any good? I`m guessing I could fit a motor to this?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes you could fit a motor to it, the dish is I would guess on the low side of medium quality, it's made by ISS and their brackets are far too flimsy for my liking.

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
What would you suggest? basically just bought a house for the first time we should be moving in about 3 weeks time or so so i`m on a budget but I don`t want total crap:confused

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look for the Fracarro Penta 85cm dish, they are pretty well made and apparently perform very well.

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
Super just had a look on e-bay at some top Fracarro Penta dishes not at a bad price either, gonna really consider one and they look the part too with the diamond shape. one comes with a 0.2db and one with a 0.6 I`m thinking that the one to go for would be the 0.6 as less chance of interference?

Thanks rolfw.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The 0.2 should be better noise wise. :)

Micromike

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Yorkshire
I`m going to have to order myself one of these Fraccaro Penta dishes, Just need a motor then shouldn`t be long now can`t wait till I move to new house just so I can hope i pick up some decent channels that one of my worries> Thanks for the advice:)