Insat 4B - Updates

My Satellite Setup
Nss6, SkyStar 1 card in computer
My Location
India
We use this thread for showing status of Insat 4b test transmission till original transmission starts:)

Insat 4B - Started test transmission at 93.6E:)

11.111 V Test Channel MPEG-2

source: www.satcodx3.com/0936/eng/

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Thanks Bro keep on comming.

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location
Pune (Latitude: 18° 28'N, Longitude: 73° 52'E), Maharashtra, India
raj_8888 said:
We use this thread for showing status of Insat 4b test transmission till original transmission starts:)

Insat 4B - Started test transmission at 93.6E:)

11.111 V Test Channel MPEG-2

source: www.satcodx3.com/0936/eng/
Is it 93.6E or 80.5E?

As per some sites Insat 4B is yet to be moved to it's final location (93.5E). ISRO is testing the satellite at 80.5E.

LynSat still shows 80.5: www.lyngsat.com/in4b.html
Real time satellite tracker also shows the location as 80.5E: www.n2yo.com/?s=30793

Don't know which one is correct.

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Dear

Its not there :-Nooo
I have tuned to the TP but its empty :-doh2

Its still not @ her final destination.

Fake news .... Some one has just updated at SatcoDX3 ....

My Satellite Setup
BEL 5518 DTH FTA
My Location
India
Bangalore, April 11: The Indian Space Research Organisation's latest communication satellite INSAT-4B has become fully operational and the spacecraft will reach its final location tomorrow, the organisation announced today.

"Within one month (of the launch), we have made it fully operational," ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair told reporters here.

The 3,025-kg INSAT-4B carrying 24 transponders was successfully launched by an Ariane rocket from Kourou in French Guyana on March 12.

After placing the satellite in near-geosynchronous orbit in subsequent days, the deployment of two solar panels and two antennas was successfully completed. The tests have since been completed.

"The satellite is being moved to its final location of 93.5 deg E logitude, where it would be arrested tomorrow", Nair said.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Soo Tomm it would be in its own position.

My Satellite Setup
DigitallWorld
My Location
India
Hi!
DD Direct plus DTH service will be migrating from NSS-6 at 95° E to INSAT 4B at 93.5° E, expected to be operationalised in May end 2007. However, the exact date of migration would be intimated in due course.

In this regard interested public STB dealers and Cable Operators should be in readiness for the migration. They would be required to reorient their receive PDAs and incorporate necessary changes in their SET TOP BOXES accordingly on the day of migration.

Pl. visit http://www.ddinews.gov.in/DTH

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
JOJOY said:
Hi!
DD Direct plus DTH service will be migrating from NSS-6 at 95° E to INSAT 4B at 93.5° E, expected to be operationalised in May end 2007. However, the exact date of migration would be intimated in due course.

In this regard interested public STB dealers and Cable Operators should be in readiness for the migration. They would be required to reorient their receive PDAs and incorporate necessary changes in their SET TOP BOXES accordingly on the day of migration.

Pl. visit http://www.ddinews.gov.in/DTH
Hi bro, Good news, Keep it up.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Insat 4B was declared fully operational at the end of last week:

MUMBAI: A month after Insat-4B was lofted into space from French Guiana, the Indian Space Research Organisation's latest communication satellite has become fully operational.

The spacecraft reached its final location of 93.5 deg E longitude on Thursday.

Within one month (of the launch), we have made it fully operational," Isro chairman G Madhavan Nair told reporters in Bangalore on Wednesday.

Insat-4B was successfully launched by Ariane-5 ECA on 12 March from Kourou, French Guiana. Following its launch, a series of orbit-raising operations were conducted to place the satellite in its near-geosynchronous orbit. After those operations were completed, the deployment of its two solar panels and two antennas was carried out.

Insat-4B carries the following payloads:

12 Ku- band 36 MHz and 27 MHz usable bandwidth Transponders (9 and 3 numbers respectively) employing 140 W TWTAs to provide an EIRP of 52 dBW over the footprint covering Indian main land.

2 C-band 36 MHz bandwidth transponders employing 63 W TWTA to provide an EIRP 39 dBW with expanded coverage encompassing Indian geographical boundary, area beyond India in southeast and northwest regions.

Kalanithi Maran's Sun Group has booked seven Ku-band transponders on Insat-4B for its soon-to-launch DTH service Sun Direct, while Prasar Bharati's free-to-air (FTA) package DD Direct Plus has booked five.

Sun will be using MPEG-4 technology that will allow it to compress more TV channels per transponder. While MPEG-2 can pack in around 12 channels, the advanced compression technology will be able to accommodate over 20 channels.

Sun may consider itself lucky that the launch of Insat-4C satellite failed in July 2006 after the rocket carrying it veered off course and exploded. Sun had booked six Ku-band transponders (and one more for digital satellite news gathering) on it for its DTH service.

By being located on the same satellite, Sun's subscribers will be able to access DD Direct's channels without it having to separately put them on its transponders
www.indiantelevision.com

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Insat 4B was declared fully operational at the end of last week:
Sun will be using MPEG-4 technology that will allow it to compress more TV channels per transponder.
By being located on the same satellite, Sun's subscribers will be able to access DD Direct's channels without it having to separately put them on its transponders

www.indiantelevision.com
Can Sun's MPEG-4 receivers decode DD's MPEG-2 channels? I hope MPEG4 recievers are backward compatible.

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
curious said:
Can Sun's MPEG-4 receivers decode DD's MPEG-2 channels? I hope MPEG4 recievers are backward compatible.
It has to be.
By the way somebody has noticed any test signals?
Satcodx has listed with 11.111 V test signal, as posted by the raj but no info of SR.

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location
Hareesh said:
It has to be.
By the way somebody has noticed any test signals?
Satcodx has listed with 11.111 V test signal, as posted by the raj but no info of SR.
I don't think the Satcodx information is reliable. Satcodx was showing this information even before INSAT 4B was moved to it's final location.

My Satellite Setup
Zenaga STB CD1002S, Three solid Ku band Dish. 60Cm,70cm,90cm getting Nss6 95E, Yamal201 90E, ABS1 75E, EuroBird2 26E at 26E. Disec SWITCH
My Location
Amritsar
as signal will strong it can come with 95E. I mean we can get 95 and 93.5 in one KU LNB...

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Can somebody pointed to INSAT 4B check the following parameters and post the response?

TRANSPONDER FREQ: 11197
SR: 3.330 MS/s POLARITY: V
V-PID: 4194 A-PID: 4195
PCR-PID: 4194

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
My Location
These are the TPs for the DD DTH transmission from Insat 4B.
10990 V 27500
11070 V 27500
11150 V 27500
11490 V 27500
11570 V 27500
Source:_tp://www.ddinews.gov.in/DTH/DTH_Migration

My Satellite Setup
BEL 5518 DTH FTA
My Location
India
Hareesh said:
These are the TPs for the DD DTH transmission from Insat 4B.
10990 V 27500
11070 V 27500
11150 V 27500
11490 V 27500
11570 V 27500
Source:_tp://www.ddinews.gov.in/DTH/DTH_Migration
Are we required to wait till 1st June or can we do the changes n searches today itself? pl explain.

Hareesh

My Satellite Setup
My Location
G Ramesh said:
Are we required to wait till 1st June or can we do the changes n searches today itself? pl explain.
Members hooked to the C band of Insat 3A can test these Ku band TPs with offset LNB.DD wont be starting the trnsmsn abruptly on June 1 but the test transmission has to start soon.There is no info reg the test trnsmn even on DD site.Members with the above setup can test these TPs and post the outcome.

geeky1

who am i ? whence am i ?
My Satellite Setup
eternal bliss
My Location
illusion
i get 60% strngth 70% quality with zenega and dish pointed at 95e.

sorry cant chck for pic/aud, only sig strngth/qual

satdxer

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
south india
INSAT 4B is reallyavailable?
i checked yeaterday.no signal
Anyone please clarify.