colossus1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just brought a Dreambox but no current satellite connection
My Location
erhampton
Hi all

Can someone help me please.

I have a DM500 but I cannot get any basic channels on it. I have been told that I might need to instal something from the ADDONS menue but I cannot get this. All I get when I press the the blue button is a plugin screen that really does not hold many options.

If I go into the DW Dream menue from the Plugin screen, I get the EMUs which do state

Active EMU - MGCAMD 1.17

INACTIVE EMU - Evocamd 2.12.

Do I need to instal another EMU and where do I find the right file to do this. Could anyone link me specifically to the file I need.

I am unfamiliar with FTP but can look at getting this to the box one I have the file (if this is the solution).

Once I get the file, will I see more channels.

Cheers for any help.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
What image are you using?

Have you read The Guide to get a feel for what the box can do?

Can you get FTA channels e.g. BBC1 on 28.2E?

Does your Dreambox have an internet connection?

To add keys you need to use an FTP program or a program like DCC.

colossus1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
erhampton
Hi my friend

I am using Gemnin image.

First, I have no satellite connection. I have connected into an existing minidish.

The satellite (only option there) is Astra 19.2 E not 28.e.

I get the following channels

1356, At the races, CFX, G49, ITV, Sports 2, Sky Travel. However, only G49, CFX and ITV work.

Both EMU keys are not active. I cannot get this blue addon screen to instal any addons and pick up more channels.

I therefore do not think that I have all of the right files installed.

I have read the guides and intended to just try and instal EMU keys to see if this worked, but I cannot find the files. Do you know exactly where I can find the EMU keys I need for the 500. I also have a cable verson and wonder whether any key would also work on that.

I have a direct connection from my router into the box and whilst I cannot see any internet functions directly on the box to instal something if I put the IP address of the router in my internet browser I do get the box details on the laptop.

I was hoping that the EMU keys installation might get everything working so that is my next step unless you have other suggestions.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For 28E you wont need any emus - the basic image should give you all the fta channels so get that sorted out first.

Theres nothing you can open with keys and emus on 28E (Sky UK is totally secure) so dont waste your time.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I also have a cable verson

You're using a 500c? You say you have no satellite connection but then you list channels. Do you mean no internet connection?

Addons and plugins menu are useless with an internet connection or manually FTP the .tar file to /tmp You can get these files from IHAD (i-have-a-dreambox.com) in the database section.

Your dish points to 19.2E or 28.2E??

Please clarify your setup.

colossus1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
erhampton
Sorry if I wa not clear. Basically, I have cable version and a satellite version. I have the same problems with both in that I cannot access the blue panel to get any options coming up which makes me thing that I have not installed smething properly.

With the sat version, I simply connected the box to an existing minidish I have. This is not currently connected to any subscription package but I would still have expected to access free to air channels. On connecting it up I get the channels I mention above but only about 2 of them work.

I have gemini installed but as I have said I get no channels (apart from those above) and no blue panel.

All I have installed is the mage and nothing else. I have not used anything other than Dreamup.

I do have a router and have used both a crossover cable and a normal ethernet cable to loop from the router into the box. Whilst I can go into the box via my internet browser I cannot get any internet options on the box via my tv.

Does this clarify my setup so you can help me. What file do I need from IHAD

Gausie

156KG Bencher
Reaction score
Website
www.gausie.com
My Satellite Setup
New Dreambox 7025, crap telly, zone 2 dish with twin hi output LNB, Broadband, blue card, yellow house.
My Location
London NW
"I do have a router and have used both a crossover cable and a normal ethernet cable to loop from the router into the box. Whilst I can go into the box via my internet browser I cannot get any internet options on the box via my tv."

Sounds like you need to configure the gateway in the DB internet settings.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Forget the channels, forget the dishes, forget that you have two boxes.

Back to basics.

Have you configured the Communication page on your 500s? You download emus and plugins from the internet. No internet connection and you need to FTP the files into /tmp and do them manually.

no blue panel

When you hit the blue button what happens?

Do you have a PC to connect to your Dreambox via a router? Can you ping it?

Have you read The Guide?