Installation Help Request

Ayub

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need kind help to install the dish to capture FTA portugues analogue channels transmitted from Astra 1E at 19.2E. I have Prima Pace receiver, I bought a 60cm dish with Universal LNB. Is dish and LNB are suitable for receiving signal in SE England.

what is the elevation angle of dish?

I have satellite meter, but is there anyway I can register a net work ID with BskyB digibox. This will assure me that I am getting the required signal from correct satellite. Then I can program the frequencies etc

As in case of ID for BskyB is 0002?

Any help will appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Ayub, it is normally much easier to lock onto a satellite using an analogue receiver than it is with a Digital.

Find yourself a suitable channel on http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.shtml and then set your analogue receiver on that channel, it would be ideal if you have a portable TV in sight of the dish.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
1) Make a support for the receiver and TV before you attempt to start moving the dish about,
2) dont carry the TV up the ladder when its plugged in and
3) if you are looking to align the dish using mains operated equipment dont have a go when its raining
4) This was in the terrestrial forum

The Prima was a simple box, and should have no trouble with the Portuguese transponder as long as the LNB has the range to receive it

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
cheque with neighbours dishes 19.2 is only a bit around the corner from sky digital.

then enjoy a nice poveys oatcakes which
are available in biddulph north staffordshire.

they are like a savory pancake.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds very nice Pov, are they sold by anyone in Lichfield?

pov oatcakes

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
working in staffs moorlands
a 60cm dish will get you a picture but if you get a 70 or 80 cm dish it will be even better but why do they cost so much you can get a brand new 60cm dish for 20 to 40 but a 70 or 80cm dish cost about 100 around that

why is it so much?

it is worth spending that money for channels like mtv germany you get to watch ozbournes and jackass clear for nowt.

my fab channel is 9live at 11o'clock thats good until you get a fuzz of the 6ocm dish that covers her

:rolleyes: