Installation of Sky+

stevenliv

Reaction score
I am having sky~+ installed next week and having my old digibox moved to another room.Un fortunately i wont be there at the time and am leaving it up to my non-techy wife. Could someone please give me a check list that i can give to her to run through before the installer leaves the house to check that everything he should have done has been done Thanks,

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't think of anything in particular, aside from making sure that it is a tidy job and that all of the channels work.

Ed

Reaction score
stevenliv said:
I am having sky~+ installed next week and having my old digibox moved to another room.Un fortunately i wont be there at the time and am leaving it up to my non-techy wife. Could someone please give me a check list that i can give to her to run through before the installer leaves the house to check that everything he should have done has been done Thanks,

We've not really had an answer on this so . . .

My 'list' of (newbie) questions is thus:
Does the dish get changed?
Will the LNB get changed?
Will the (soon to be upstairs) Digibox have to be phone-connected?
Will the installer 'nicely' drill a hole in the outside wall and feed new LNB cable to the upstairs DodgyBox?
Will the installer provide all extension wires for the phone lines(s) as necessary?

Also, $ly reckons they'll 'take away' any old installation. Is there any way that we can actually keep the old stuff? (Maybe take it down before they arrive?)

Thanks guys.

Ed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Does the dish get changed?

Not unless yours is knackered.

Will the LNB get changed?

Yes, a quad LNB will be fitted.

Will the (soon to be upstairs) Digibox have to be phone-connected?

Only if you are benefitting from a discounted mirror subscription on the second box.

Will the installer 'nicely' drill a hole in the outside wall and feed new LNB cable to the upstairs DodgyBox?

Yes, if you've paid for second box relocation.

Will the installer provide all extension wires for the phone lines(s) as necessary?

They may charge extra if the phone cable run is longer than a certain length.

They will only take away an old installation if you want them to, if you want to keep your old analogue dish, then make sure you tell them.

Ed

Reaction score
Hey, 'rolfw' thanks for such an informative and speedy response!