Installation problem

berlioz

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently bought diseqc motor and techomate 5500 ci.

According to the manual I am supposed to find the southernmost satellite, which I assume is Astra on 28.8 E and than just find the other satellites by rotating the motor using the receiver.

I think that as I live in London my latitude is 51 and longitude is 0.

Should I find that astra satellite manually an set the motor on zero or some other position, or am I totally clueless? Please help.

Berlioz

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
from your location the satellite closest to 0 is the Intelsat satellite at 1.0 West.

http://www.lyngsat.com/1west.html

This is the satellite in which you should align the mount to be closest to the true south location, please ensure that it is at this location that you commence your installation setup, as if you try to use the Astra at 28.2 east then you will experience a number of additional setup problems.

Regards

Old Satellite

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Easiest channel to set up on is BBC World 11,325 H 24500 7/8

Set your motor between 51 and 52 and you should be on the money.

sadiqnoor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Self
My Location
London
Hi Boss, thnx for the help you are providing on this forum , as i am new i am seeking a help from you to help , me.

Last week i had set my mish allighnment as followings:
i made the mottor setting which is satab H-H 100, between 51-52,
and the dish in to 22.6 , te main channels or sattelites i get is on the east channels , not the west channels, i was seeking the west channels , such as the 1west, could you lease tell me how to reach there, please mail me on my email (sadiqnoor@hotmail.co.uk).

Thnx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately we do not reply to E-mails, as this is a forum and the discussion is here to help everyone. If you use the tips in the thread above and send your motor to zero, then find 1W by swinging the whole assembly on the pole and the dish elevation only, then you will get the correct arc.