Installing a system

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi there I am thinking of insatalling a dish for a dreambox 600 i have never installed or bought a dish before and would like to install a dish with a motor. I was looking at this dish
_http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ITAG=SPEC&ModuleNo=47163&doy=1m5#overview

can anyone who knows tell me what they think apparently i can attach a motor to it also if someone could advise me on an lnb there are a few listed below the dish description and also what other equipment I would need. cables etc??? Thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
Yes, that dish will attach to a Diseqc motor OK.
You can normally get a Moteck sg2100 for around £35.
Either of the single LNBs listed would do the job OK, although you may be able to get one cheaper online. I have found that the Inverto Silvertech 0.2dB outperforms the Fortec star one listied on Maplin.

Other kit you will need is some satellite coax such as wf100,f connectors,cable clips, 2 inch diam pole, T&K brackets and tape.

Robbo:)

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Thanks what is your opinion on this dish I have chosen maplin due to free delievery 1 year gurantee and somewhere to return it free if something is wrong. Just wondering about the quality of this dish???:confused

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
anyone know why my hyperlink was removed?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You're not allowed to post live links.

Use an underscore _ e.g.

_www.maplins.co.uk

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
erukus said:
Thanks what is your opinion on this dish I have chosen maplin due to free delievery 1 year gurantee and somewhere to return it free if something is wrong. Just wondering about the quality of this dish???:confused

I have that dish and don't think it's too bad for it's size. I was able to pick up some of the weaker channels on 7W and 26E on it. The mount on the back is quite feeble though and the dish arm not very substantial, but once setup it does the job reasonably well.

Most of the satellite stuff from maplin is way overpriced. Take a look at the site sponsors and make a comparison.:)

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi

I am wondering if I have a sky dish already installed with a cable coming from the dish to the wall. If i install a new 85cm dish can I somehow connect the cable from the new dish to the cable from the sky dish and have the two satellite dishes coming to the wall via the same cable i.e. the original sky cable. Also is the dreambox 600 equipped to handle two seperate dishes??? Cheers