intelsat 68.5E

immi79uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skydigibox
My Location
Leeds, uk
hi ...... can i recieve intelsat 7 and 10 (68.5E) in uk ? if yes then wot should be the size of the dish and which reciever will be the best to recieve all of the intelsat 7 and 10 channels ?

sorry if wrong forum or thread repeat ....

safe ...........

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes but only if you have a clear horizon out to the south east - 68.5E is very, very low on the horizon. So if you have hills or buildings or trees out to to the south east you can forget it.

Dish size - 1m should give you the channel on the European beam, but you can forget SABC channels on the South Africa beam.

immi79uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skydigibox
My Location
Leeds, uk
i am planning to install new dish for intelsat 68.5E and m livin in leeds uk .... need some suggesion ..... is 1.3 M Light Steel Satellite Dish gonna work fine for me? i m new in this so please if anyone cud suggest me which can be the best reciever for this satelitte (68.5E, C and ku band) to watch DVB, Irdeto 2, PowerVu, Conax, Cryptoworks, Nagravision 1

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You probably won't get any of the C band stuff on such a small dish from over here, but the FTA stuff on Ku 'should' be ok from where you are.

PowerVu you can forget without a dedicated Scientific Atlanta reciever and subscription. Conax will be only available with a genuine sub also.
The other encryptions have to some extent been compromised although whether the keys are known for the particular packages on 68.5W is another matter.

Out of interest, why pick such an easterly satellite ??

Rgds

L.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have merged the two threads by immi79uk and would point out that it is customary and polite to acknowledge answers to your posts, failure to so do, may result in people not responding to a user's questions in the future.

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK

Attachments

• ETVonPAS7%2868East%29.jpg
    ETVonPAS7%2868East%29.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 135

immi79uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skydigibox
My Location
Leeds, uk
Lancelot said:
You probably won't get any of the C band stuff on such a small dish from over here, but the FTA stuff on Ku 'should' be ok from where you are.

PowerVu you can forget without a dedicated Scientific Atlanta reciever and subscription. Conax will be only available with a genuine sub also.
The other encryptions have to some extent been compromised although whether the keys are known for the particular packages on 68.5W is another matter.

Out of interest, why pick such an easterly satellite ??

Rgds

L.:)
i pick this easterly sat coz it got quit alot of asian sports channels that i like the most. well if this size of the dish is not recievable for ku band then wot u suggest i shuld buy for ku band aswell mate?
i am plannin to buy TECHNOMATE DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER (PATCHED) TM-1600 2CI - LATEST "SUPER"VERSION (unlocked), it has got 5 builtin cams which are VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX. first i want to ask is this reciever good enough?
it has got 5 builtin cams so isnt it possible to get all these 5 types encryted channels? do i need seperate cards for each of these cams to watch the channels or the builtin function is enough to recieve all of these types of encryptions?
you said i can forget powerVu without a dedicated scientific atlanta reciever and subscription, is this the only way to get powerVu or is there any to watch these through my reciever that i mentioned here?
this is the setup that i m planning to install so please suggest me so that i cud buy the right size dish and reciever thanx everyone.

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
I would go for the 1500+ super rather than the 1600.
A better performer all round according to tests!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
immi79uk said:
you said i can forget powerVu without a dedicated scientific atlanta reciever and subscription, is this the only way to get powerVu or is there any to watch these through my reciever that i mentioned here?
this is the setup that i m planning to install so please suggest me so that i cud buy the right size dish and reciever thanx everyone.

Theres absolutely no way to get Power Vu so you can forget those channels. Not only do you need the Sci Atlanta receiver but it ALSO has to be authorised by S-A for that particular service. Which they wont do for private individuals.

Do a search for PowerVu on the forum - the subject comes up quite regularly and you always get the same advice.

immi79uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skydigibox
My Location
Leeds, uk
Analoguesat said:
Theres absolutely no way to get Power Vu so you can forget those channels. Not only do you need the Sci Atlanta receiver but it ALSO has to be authorised by S-A for that particular service. Which they wont do for private individuals.

Do a search for PowerVu on the forum - the subject comes up quite regularly and you always get the same advice.

thanx for ur reply mate. so there is no way to get powerVu but can u suggest me abt TECHNOMATE DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER (PATCHED) TM-1600 2CI - LATEST "SUPER"VERSION (unlocked), it has got 5 builtin cams which are VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX, is this reciever good for digital satellites and can u please tell me that if VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX are builtin in the reciever then do i need seperate cards aswell to get these types of encryption or builtin cams do enough to get the encrypted channels.....
thanx for the replys .....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will need cards for the encryptions where the keys are not public (conax for starters). Irdeto 2 is still reasonably secure too - its only recently started to get prised open to some small degree.

So cross Power Vu Conax & Irdeto 2 channels off what you will be watching for free :D

I hope you have room for an enormous dish if you want the C-band stuff If you dont have room for a dish at least 2.5 m diameter you can cross all the C-band stuff off your list as well!! Once thats gone theres sod all worth watching on 68.5E :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
immi79uk said:
hi ...... can i recieve intelsat 7 and 10 (68.5E) in uk ? if yes then wot should be the size of the dish and which reciever will be the best to recieve all of the intelsat 7 and 10 channels ?

Having had a look at the official downlink powers for 68E in the UK something around 10 feet / 3m should do nicely for the c-band stuff! :eek:

punderwood75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing
My Location
London
Hi

I know this thread was from a while ago. I am looking to get a motorised dish in place to get to Intelsat 7 68.5 so I can get ETV and SABC1 on Multichoice south Africa.

We are a tv production company, I spoke to a few satellite installation companies and I was told it was impossible. However seeing on here that its not! :-) I am quite used to doing large uplinks / downlinks and that's a piece of cake for broadcast. I just want to get these TV channels in our office.

Anyone up for giving us a hand? We are at a TV studios in South London. Happy to pay for some consulting!

Ideally looking at a motorised dish setup, decent decoder etc - sort of know what I want but need a bit more help.

Thanks

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello !
welcome on board!:)
sabc channels from africa has been swtiched off in the mast in kuband,
there is currencly only sbac news channel in kuband,the rest is on the africa beam,in kuband,they dont want,that we see sabc inland channels here in europe!

in past,around 8 month ago,there was also a special africa version for sabc,in the multichoice package,but now,i cant find this sabc channel anymore,i think it has been replaced,with africa magic in the meantime!

_http.lyngsat.com/packages/mcafricaintel10.html

if,you want,more african channels,without the need of install a 2,40-3m this for cband

you need a _http://.mytvafrica.tv/
sub!
they sending in kuband,and its very easy to receice,with a 1m dish!

subsribson coasts of ,multichoice are very expensice outside from the importdealers,a couple of month ago a found a uk dealer price in uk,that sell one year for 1400 us$
normal price in africa is 34€/month!

so,if you know,someone,on the black continent,you must ask to send the card,then you will save,nearly the have of the price !

good luck in your mission!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
punderwood75 said:
Hi

I know this thread was from a while ago. I am looking to get a motorised dish in place to get to Intelsat 7 68.5 so I can get ETV and SABC1 on Multichoice south Africa.

We are a tv production company, I spoke to a few satellite installation companies and I was told it was impossible. However seeing on here that its not! :-) I am quite used to doing large uplinks / downlinks and that's a piece of cake for broadcast. I just want to get these TV channels in our office.

Anyone up for giving us a hand? We are at a TV studios in South London. Happy to pay for some consulting!

Ideally looking at a motorised dish setup, decent decoder etc - sort of know what I want but need a bit more help.

Thanks

Not possible - the channels you want transmit on a South African spot
beam

_http://www.flysat.com/is68-beam.php (top right image)

I'll have my consultation fee now please :D

jahnuhdead

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
JUST STARTED A SATELLITE SHOP
My Location
UK,GHANA
punderwood75 said:
Hi

Thanks
hi, there i've got some answers to your questions and i can help so lets arrange

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please use the forum properly - non personal information should be shared for the benefit of all our members, so post whatever info you have here in this thread.

I can think of several ways to do it, two of them horribly expensive, another way of dubious quality!

rilo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.5m Ku, NewMi DM22s USB box, DualCore 2G2 4Gb RAM, Win Vista business +
95cm, VisionPlus 1020a, P4 2g4 512Mb, Win XPpro. Both using ProgDVB v 6.04 + Vplug 2.4.0.0
My Location
Africa -south of equator
For what it's worth:
South Africa beam on 11674V 26652-5/6 carry NAGRAVISION SABC1,2 and 3 as well as eTV which comes under the "Feed1" label.
No need to bother with the MultiChoice bouquet for these - specially with it's IRDETO.
I happen to be looking at it right now using ProgDVB+Vplug on a 95cm, but then I am South of the equator.
Very much doubt that this specific feed will ever make it to the UK.