MattJ

My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox, Technomate 5500, Humax CR-5510 and Comag Porty 2
Dragon CAM
45/80cm mesh dishes, 35cm solid dish, Triax TD110
My Location
North-West England
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it is possible to recieve this satellite here in South-Lancashire in England? - what would be the minimium likely dish size?

Thanks
MattJ.

B

bluenote

My Satellite Setup
C-Band Mesh 12feet,solid KU-Dish 3 feet,solid KU-Dish 20(!!!) feet,WinTV-DVB-s,IBM PC,Radix Receiver analog + digital,Winersat analog Receiver,Zenega CD-1005S
My Location
Sri Lanka
The footprint from Intelsat is showing a value of 52,6 dbWfor the KU Beam.
An Offset dish of 50cm only is enough for reception.
On that beam you receive only Prima TV from Romania and several feeds.
To receive the frequencies on the C-Band (global Beam) with a Prime Focus Dish will be very difficult for you because you have an elevation of approx. 6° only.Size of the dish I don't know,because Intelsat is not showing EIRP values for C-Band.
Don't forget: you need a free view to the satellite.
And you might have too much ground noise.
Greetings

Topper

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If you take all the info from bluenote as correct then what he could not know is that between you in South Lancashire and the satellite are the Pennine mountains so your chances are further diminished. Would not have thought all the expense and effort was worth it for one receivable channel.

S

satdav

My Satellite Setup
channel master technomates
My Location
gwent uk
full signal here on my 1.2m channel master here in s wales