Just Sharing This Interesting PM for 1.2m dishes

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Saw this on a Russian forum. This guy created his own PM which is powered by a bog standard DiSEqC motor. Useful for when you need that little bit more strength.

Code:
http://satdx.2ua.in.ua/viewtopic.php?p=3147

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Saw this on a Russian forum. This guy created his own PM which is powered by a bog standard DiSEqC motor. Useful for when you need that little bit more strength.

Code:
http://satdx.2ua.in.ua/viewtopic.php?p=3147

Interesting, any chance of going on the forum for a bit more info as to what's going on under the two Cband pop bottles CJ

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Depends... @RimaNTSS will be the best to speak about it since I think he bought some. It's basically a home-brew depolariser inside, normally a foam pipe insulator with rivets in it.

Honestly can't remember what they are called but there's a guy in Russia modifying all sorts of LNBs to account for different opening angles of various dishes etc.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
This video Alex posted is about PM and not LNB. I've seen this forum and thought about building similar PM, maybe even for Channel Master 1,2m. This PM allows to ease working of the Diseqc motor as on this video.
But, speaking about LNBs, you can find lots of information on THIS forum, but use Chrome web-browser for translation.
BTW, LNBs from video are not made by company in Moscow.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Last few days I was thinking about such a PM. I am not sure whether I should start independent thread for this meaning the start of new project. Made a drawing of the mount. Shaft bending angle is 40* , but, perhaps it should be 35, or even 30 degrees.

Attachments

• CM120cm_Gravicapa40grad (Custom).jpg
    CM120cm_Gravicapa40grad (Custom).jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 23

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Interesting, any chance of going on the forum for a bit more info as to what's going on under the two Cband pop bottles CJ

I meant to reply to this a couple of days ago.

The dielectric properties and shape of the bottle surface allow a focusing of signals in much the same way as a scalar ring. Marconi tried it years ago at Ku band and Inverto use it on their 'under three degree' spacing kits instead of the usual LNBF feedhorn design.

MultiConnect-set3.jpg

Inverto - IDLB-SET03-MULTI-STP -

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I meant to reply to this a couple of days ago.

The dielectric properties and shape of the bottle surface allow a focusing of signals in much the same way as a scalar ring. Marconi tried it years ago at Ku band and Inverto use it on their 'under three degree' spacing kits instead of the usual LNBF feedhorn design.

MultiConnect-set3.jpg

Inverto - IDLB-SET03-MULTI-STP -

Ahh right thanks CH, i saw the resemblance in shape when i first saw the post pic but thought no more about it