International Channels now

frazzle05

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
hey,
i currently have sky digital and wish to recieve German tv channels without going to analogue as channels (esp. German speaking) are closing down fast. How do i go about recieving these channels on a digital setup ( if possible without alterations to my sky dish)

rapido

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm
My Location
Hertfordshire
frazzle05 said:
hey,
i currently have sky digital and wish to recieve German tv channels without going to analogue as channels (esp. German speaking) are closing down fast. How do i go about recieving these channels on a digital setup ( if possible without alterations to my sky dish)

As far as I know, German channels are not closing down fast on analogue! Unless someone can prove me wrong, I think there's more German channels in analogue than there were 5 years ago!

And you won't be able to receive them with your Sky setup. You'll need another dish installed pointed at Astra 1 at 19.2°E. You can then either connect the dish to an analogue receiver (to get the analogue channels) or your Digibox (to get the digital ones, but you can only store 50 maximum). If using a Digibox, you'll ideally need a manual switch to change between the 2 dishes.

-rapido

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
analogue receivers are cheap: i got one for £5 on eBay the other week. a 60cm dish with any old lnb will do (all german analogue channels are in the lower band so you dont need a newer universal type)

a cheap digital FTA box you might get for £50, second hand or even new.you'll need a 60cm dish pointed at 19.2e with a universal lnb. try doing a search on eBay with "-sky -digibox digital satellite receiver" like this :_http://tinyurl.com/64rvr then you subtract anything sky related.... actually ehre's one for £59+P&P : _http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=96970&item=5767005013

suggest you keep your sky installation as it is and don't touch it. if you're into experimentation you can always spin you dish 10degrees and try and tune some in with your current digibox, but that will only allow you to pick up a certain number of channels...

-cts